
So, the girls officially reached the 3 month mark last weekend, August 16. Aunt Kristen and Uncle Jason were in town and it was a nice relaxing weekend with them. The girls are getting to be much more enjoyable now as they like to play with their toys and try their hardest to hold a conversation with whoever will talk to them. I'm sure they know exactly what they are trying to say and we sound just as crazy to them as they sound to us, but that's what makes it all fun! Ella has also recently discovered her hands. You would think that she has discovered the most rare gem in the world as she will sit forever perfectly content with staring at her hand. Although, I can't say I blame her because it is a pretty perfect little hand. Landrie hasn't quite discovered the little wonders of her body yet because she is too busy talking and squealing with delight at what seems to be the air. She obviously sees something because she has too good of a time for it to be nothing. Regardless, the sounds of their little giggles and coos makes all the craziness and stress of the last few months all worth it. So, something else in our life that is comical for those of you that know us is the fun fact that Jay is Garret's soccer coach. Yes, you read that right, he is a soccer coach of 7 and 8 yr olds. Having never played soccer and having absolutely know knowledge of the sport, I think we are in for a fun season! But, in Jay's defense, he is trying to learn as nuch as he can and I'm sure it will be a fun experience....which is all that really matters. The boys will be starting their first day of school with us next Tuesday and they seem to be cautiously excited. Of course all of the new clothes and school supplies makes them excited, but the hesitation of a new school seems to be in the back of their minds. Having been a new student myself a number of times, I know exactly how they feel, but am comforted because I know it will get better for them. I find myself repeating all the things my parents used to tell me that I never believed, "You will meet friends just as good as where we used to live" and "Give it time, this place will feel like home soon." I laugh inside everytime I hear myself because I never thought I would believe those things myself. But, at 26 years old, I guess I finally believe what my parents always told me; maybe they knew what they were doing after all. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment