

Hey All! Well, this is the start of what I hope will be a way for everyone to keep up with our crazy family. As most of you know, we welcomed our beautiful twin girls on May 16, 2008. Ella was born first and weighed 4 lbs 8 oz and was 17 3/4 in long. Landrie was born one minute later and weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and was 19 in long. Both girls had to spend 9 days in the NICU for various reasons but they are doing great now. It is hard to believe that they will be 3 mos. old already next week! Another exciting change that is happening is Galen and Garret coming to live with us. We are so excited to have them with us full time and we are busy getting them ready for the school year. Galen turned 10 in June and will be in the 5th grade this year. After playing football and basketball in the last few years, he has decided that he wants to try soccer. Garret will be 9 in November and will be in the 3rd grade this year. He played basketball last year and also took karate, but he too has decided to give soccer a try. So, with the addition of a minivan and the boys playing soccer, I guess that officially makes me a soccer mom! Jay and I were curious how the boys would react to having two new little sisters. Would they want to play with them and be interested? Or, would they just look at them like any other baby and not really care? Well, they have by far proven their interest in the girls and are the best big brothers that we could have hoped for. They are always there to help in anyway that I need and enjoy playing with the girls when they aren't crying. :) Jay and I are so excited to watch their interaction with the girls as they get older and hope that they will all grow up very close. As far as Jay and I go, we are just busy, busy, busy and living life one day at a time. We celebrated our 2 yr. anniversary in June and are still amazed that time goes by so quickly. We have been together for 5 yrs. now but it feel like yesterday that we met. We moved back to Dallas last summer and don't have any plans to move again anytime soon! Jay is still working for Venterra and travels 3-4 days every other week. Luckily we were used to his travel schedule before the girls arrived, otherwise that would have been a huge adjustment! My job is at home with the kiddos and it is the job that I have wanted my whole life. Of course there are days that I wish I could have 5 min. alone or that Jay and I could just get up and go when we felt like it, but I still wouldn't have my life any other way. We are truly blessed and look forward to sharing more of our crazy lives with all of our family and friends! We love you all dearly and miss you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment