Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BIG 3 Year Olds!

The girls turned 3 about 3 weeks ago on May 16.  Yes, I realize I am wayyy behind on posting and as usual it is because life has just been speeding by.  I figured I should document their birthday before they turn 4, which based on this last year will be, like, tomorrow!

Their birthday fell on a Monday this year and their party was going to be the following Saturday. Since I knew their party was going to be a big day and lots of fun, I just wanted their actual b-day to be kind of low key.  We started the day off with coffee, milk, snuggles and minkies (blankies), which was absolutely perfect! I enjoyed just reflecting on the last three years with these little girls and was just beyond thankful for the family that we have.  It is funny because in some ways I feel like I was just in the hospital having them and in other ways I can not even remember what life was like with out them.  Once laundry and naps were done, we headed outside to play in the sprinkler and color with some sidewalk chalk.  Sophia came over to join in the fun and the girls had a fun time just playing.






We couldn't let the day pass with some cake, so I made one just like my Mom used to do for us and Gigi and Poppy came over to join us for dinner.  They also wanted to give the girls their gift that night too since it was something they could wear for their party.  We actually sang Happy Birthday to the girls, which is something that we have always forgotten to do at their parties! I don't even know how or why it has happened, but it did in the past.  The girls had a good time with everyone and of course liked their cake and gifts from Gigi and Poppy.





Every little princess needs satin slippers and a tiara! The girls were so excited with their gifts and the day was perfect for celebrating their precious little selves!

Next up... the Princess Party!

No comments: