Well hi friends! I hope y'all had a wonderful and magical Christmas with those that you cherish most! Here at the Brummett house, we had a great holiday as usual and really enjoyed being with each other.
I never intended to have more than a month go by in between this post and my last, but as always, life happened. I figure I should get my butt in gear though since 2013 is just around the corner! So with out further ado, I am going to do a quick re-cap for our virtual scrapbook and to get whoever may still check this little ol' blog all caught up on our happenings!
January 2012:
We spent a quiet NYE at home with just our fam. I believe we were even in bed before midnight and then woke up to the sound of fireworks and went out to visit with neighbors for a bit. This was def our most laid back NYE yet but was a great way to ring in the new year. It was most definitely a reflection of our life and changes that we had made in 2011.
Clearly the girls were not happy about being woken up to experience ringing in the new year! haha!
On the 8th of January, I turned the big 3-0. I really didn't have feelings about entering a new era and leaving behind my 20's. My birthday has never felt like a different day to me, maybe because I'm usually still trying to regroup after the rush of the holiday season. We celebrated with a great morning at church and then a yummy dinner at my parents house. It was a great night with family and a wonderful way to start my 30's! I do not have one picture of that day but I will always remember it :)
February 2012:
At the beginning of the month, we headed to Louisiana to celebrate Mardi Gras. It is always so much fun to visit our Wilson's and extended family there and celebrating Mardi Gras is just an added bonus. Kristen's step-dad is part of a krewe that always puts on a great party and parade and we are very thankful to get to partake in the events. We ended up blessed with a beautiful day and we all even got little unexpected sun tan! I'm so sad that 2013 will probably be the last year we get to partake in the fun since the girls will be in school in 2014. We will have to be sure and party big this coming year I guess :)
Although the girls look a little bogged down with beads, this is nothing compared to what we caught the next day!
Ella showin' off some loot!
Here are some examples of things I've made and I have definite plans to add some more fun sussies and such for 2013!
March 2012:
March is always kind of a slow month for us, I guess because it is a month of transition. Winter is ending and spring is just showing signs of popping up and it def. reflects in our activities. We didn't do much in March, except for one MAJOR event. After months of asking me and me asking if they were really sure it was something they wanted, we finally caved in and let the girls get their ears pierced! I had always planned on waiting until they were about to start kindergarten and make it a special big girl date. Well, I'm not quite sure what got them on the ear piercing kick, but it happened sooner than I thought it would. They were so stinkin excited when I told them that we were going to go do it and they didn't even flinch when I would pinch their ears trying to show them that it was going to hurt a bit. There is a chain of stores that we have here called "Sweet & Sassy" and it is basically a little girls primping heaven. I chose to go here because I figured all the other girly stuff would be a good distraction for the girls and they also will pierce both ears at one time. When we arrived to the salon, the girls picked out their earrings...Ella picked out some pink rhinestone studs and Landrie picked out some princess cut cz studs. With the purchase of ear piercing, the girls also got a lollipop and glitter tattoo when they were all done. The girls were so excited about these little "prizes," that they ran over to the piercing chair and were ready to go. I was so very proud of them because neither one of them made a peep! They both looked a little nervous before hand, but once they were done they were pleased as punch with how they looked!
At the end of the month, Jay and I got a special treat when a good friend called to see if we wanted to go to a Maverick's game. He had extra seats from a vendor and we are always happy to get a little fun time away from the kiddos. We left a little early so that we could enjoy a few drinks and dinner together before Gilbert arrived and it ended up being a perfect evening for the patio. After dinner, we made our way inside the American Airlines center and got a very pleasant surprise when we realized our seats were about 4 rows behind the basket! Nothing like free tickets in general, but when they turn out to be awesome seats it is icing on the cake!
April 2012:
Easter was one of the first weekends of April this year. In addition to a huge Easter Sunday service, our church had a huge egg hunt and car show planned. I help out on the event committee, so since I had to be there to set up for the egg hunt, we decided to take the whole family. Jay still had his big Dodge Ram at the time and since it was fixed up with a sound system, lift kit, big wheels/tires and other things, he and the boys decided to enter in the car show for the truck category. The girls had a great time hunting for eggs and partaking in the other activities and the boys had a great time looking at old cars and doing guy stuff. On top of the great weather that made the day great, we got an extra special surprise when Jay and the boys actually WON in the truck category! Yay for winning and for a great family day!
Me and my babies before Easter services. They LOVED their fancy fascinators!
Silly bunnies later on Easter Sunday
Spring always brings a favorite event to Texas...the blooming of bluebonnets! No matter where you live in the state, it is tradition to take pictures in the pretty state flower. There is only a short time frame in which the beauties are in bloom, so you have to plan accordingly and hope the weather cooperates! We went out twice this year, once with just the girls and then again with their bestie Sophia. I love ALL of the pics from both outings and it is really hard to pick which ones are my favorite!
After the second round of pics, the girls got to experience their very first fishing event. We had a lot of ponds in our neighborhood and one in particular had some very stupid hungry fish. It was the perfect spot for Jay to take the girls because they didn't get bored waiting around for something to bite. Hopefully they don't think it will be this easy every time they fish!
At the end of April, Jay and I got to go on a trip to San Francisco and Folsom, CA. The Folsom leg of the trip was a work trip that they treated their employees and spouse to and we tacked on a few days to go to San Francisco. It was SO much fun and we had the most beautiful weather! We stayed right in the heart of San Francisco at the beginning of Nob Hill and did all the touristy things we could in 3 days. We walked all around the city and my favorite part was by far all the awesome old architecture and history. We also went to see a redwood forest, and visited Sausalito just over the bridge. If we ever go back, this will def. be where we stay. It was just so quaint and had the most beautiful views of the bay. After a few days in San Fran, we drove up north to Folsom where Jay's company headquarters are located. We made a pit stop in Napa and hit up a winery just to say we did. We were both a little surprised at how run down the town of Napa was itself and seemed to have a lot f rif raff. We stopped in a CVS and asked the clerk where the nearest winery was because we were kind of pressed for time, and she just kind of blew us off and said she had no idea. I sure was missing the southern hospitality I'm used to at this point. We decided to just start driving again and stop at the first winery we saw. The one we found was newer and not very crowded, but it was a nice little stop on the way. We spent the next couple days in Folsom at a work party and outing to a baseball game and it was a good way to end our trip. After our time away, I was for sure missing the kiddos, but I can't say I was entirely ready to leave! :)
May - December 2012:
To Be Continued...





No comments:
Post a Comment