Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Exhaustion Was Not Part of my Vision

Springtime at the Dallas Arboretum equals lots and lots of beautiful flowers and photo ops. Naturally, it also means that optimistic mommies have visions of beautiful pics of their sweet baby girls who cooperate perfectly at the tender age of 10 months old. These great photo opportunities would produce beautiful photos that could be blown up and hung on a wall for all to see. Obviously, the visions of all of this can cloud ones brain and cause them not to be realistic. Furthermore, once at the arboretum, the sweet smell and burst of color furthers the state of delusion that a mommy gets into her head. With this said, today, I was the delusional mommy and Ella and Landrie were the ever so cooperative sweet baby girls. They were obviously captivated by not the flowers that were all around them, but the dirt, grass and leaves. My mom and I tried our hardest to get at least one photo of both the girls looking at us and smiling, but it was not to be. We did manage to get some good ones of the girls individually, but definitely not the pics I thought I would be leaving with. All in all, it was a great day to be outside and experience the beginning of spring, but I am one exhausted momma tonight!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We can always count on Ella to cooperate, at least a little!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ella was very cautious and interested in what we sat her next to
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Hmmm, what is this?"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"I think I'll taste it."
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"That was really good Mom, I want more!"
(At this point, Landrie proceeded to eat more leaves and enjoy them. When I tried to stop her, she just laughed at me.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Another attempt to get a pic of both of them looking at the camera
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sweetness
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Landrie trying some more arboretum cuisine
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ella was still unsure about the foliage
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We tried to take a pic of me with the girls, but they were DONE!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"No more pictures Mommy, I'm tired!"
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"I'm ready to go too, just let me get one last taste of the leaves from this section."

And a few more pics of the BEAUTIFUL flowers we saw:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LOVE poppies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

I love, love, love the girl's little dresses! I cannot wait to love all over those crazy girls in less than a month!!! loves:)