Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"It's Hot" Would be an Understatement!

We are going on our 3rd straight week of temperatures over 100 degrees here in good ole' Dallas, and I think I've been hibernating more now than we do in the winter months! It usually gets very hot here in our neck of the woods, but rarely do we go with out a nice little break in the triple digits down to a "cooler" temp in the 90's.  We haven't been to the pool in a couple weeks because the pool is just wet, not even refreshing! Plus, the girls get so hot so fast that it just isn't worth the 45 minutes of getting ready to leave just to get to the pool and want to go home 20 min later.  Since we have been hibernating and not really paying much attention to the outside unless we absolutely had too, I failed to see that our lawn was beginning to take over our flower beds.  I'm convinced it is because the grass was trying to get closer to the house where the air conditioning is! Since we live in a neighborhood with a very strict HOA, we were kindly reminded that we needed to go take care of the jungle that was at one time our flowerbed.  So, out into the 105 degree temps we went with shovels and gardening gloves in tow! The boys were visiting their Mom so we had the girls outside with us.  Needless to say, I think the first day we spent more time playing in the water hose than actually doing what we were needing to do.  I am happy to say though that after a lot of work (mostly on Jay's part since I had to baby wrangle) we got our yard and flower beds looking back to what they did before this heat wave hit.  I also managed to get some fun water pictures in the process!









No comments: