1. My hubby and I are going on a trip to Vegas very soon and I couldn't be more excited!
2. It will be the first trip that we have ever gone on with just the two of us...sad I know
3. We never went on a honeymoon because we had the boys with us for our wedding and wanted to celebrate our marriage with family for as long as possible.
4. I do not regret the decision to do this instead of honeymooning
5. This fall, my hubby and I have been together for 8 years and I still can not believe it.
6. Time does fly when you are having fun I guess!
7. My husband and I met in a bar that I worked at
8. and the night we met he said he was going to marry me and I brushed him off as just some other drunk guy hitting on me!
9. At first he was not at all what I ever thought my husband would be like
10. but now I realize he is everything I wished for and hoped for and more!
11. God sure does have a sense of humor :)
12. I went to college because I thought that was what I was supposed to do
13. and I can honestly say it is my only regret in life
14. I regret not listening to what my heart was telling me that I wanted
15. which is probably why I only made it to halfway through my sophmore year
16. Now I'm doing what I always wanted to do by staying home with my children and running our house
17. I'm so thankful to have a husband that shares my thoughts on having a Mommy at home and for recognizing what a tough job it is.
18. Personally I think it might be harder to get up and go to work everyday and then have to come home to domestic duties
19. I definitely function better with chaos than I do if things are calm
20. This number is dedicated to my best friend whom I've had the pleasure of knowing for 20 yrs now
21. I share her sentiments and think of her as more of a sister than a friend
22. We met in 3rd grade when my family moved for what seemed like the 100th time in my young life
23. We moved to St. Louis and it is where we finally laid down our roots and stayed
24. St. Louis is such a fun place and was a wonderful place to grow up and I'm thankful that we stayed there
25. The girls and I actually just returned from a week long visit there for my 10 yr high school reunion
26. I can't believe it has already been 10 years since I graduated high school
27. The fact that life is probably going to fly by even faster between now and our 20 yr reunion kinda freaks me out!
28. My parents moved to Dallas my freshman year of college
29. Since they were gone, Kristen's house became my home away from home
30. even though it had pretty much always been since we were little
31. I will never forget the email I got from her saying her parents were divorcing
32. and how badly I wanted to be in Iowa with her
33. I will also never forget being with her Mom at their house the night Kristen called from Iowa to say how much she hated the man who was going to be her step-dad
34. and trying to decipher with her Mom where all this anger was coming from!
35. Looking back it is kinda funny because her step-dad is awesome and she loves him
36. Sometimes it feel weird to me to say that my parents are still married since so many of my friends have parents that aren't
37. I'm so grateful to my parents for the marriage that they have and for not being afraid to show us that marriage is WORK!
38. I only have two living grandparents
39. In the past 3 yrs I have lost my Grannie, my Papaw and my Nana
40. My Nana just passed away last September and her death affected me a lot more than I had anticipated
41. I talk to her daily to help me get through with these crazy kids of mine
42. I figure if she had 7 kids, then she surely has some sympathy and guidance for me!
43. My Nana's two youngest children are my Aunts and they have always felt more like big sisters to me because they aren't much older than I am
44. We moved away from our family in Cincinnati when I was 4
45. We visit every summer and after 24 yrs of living away it never gets easier to leave
46. Our family always tells us that they mostly get together when we are in town
47. I wish they wouldn't take each other for granted and get together as much as they can
48. but I guess you don't realize how nice it is to have family near by until you have to live away from them
49. My mom's dad, my Papaw, is a big inspiration to me and if I have half his energy when I am his age then I will be in really good shape
50. I never thought in a million years I would have twins
51. but I was not surprised to hear we were, it just felt right
52. I never worried about how I would handle two babies at once
53. which makes me believe that ignorance really is bliss
54. Lately I've been thinking a lot about having another baby
55. but I struggle with knowing why I feel this way
56. I hate that I can't really remember the girls as newborns
57. and I feel guilty that all I do seem to remember is screaming babies and no sleep
58. I kinda feel gipped on the whole newborn experience since I never got to just sleep and cuddle with a baby...if one was quiet the other one always needed something
59. Maybe I just answered the question as to why I want another baby
60. I can't believe how quickly children grow up
61. it happens so fast that sometimes it hurts
62. I still look at the boys as the small little guys they were when I met Jay
63. and then I see them walk through the door after school and they look like young men
64. Galen will be driving in less than 4 years and that is just baffling to me
65. The girls will be the same age as Garret is now when Galen is a Sophmore in college
66. This is just one more thing that makes me cry when I think about how fast our kiddos are growing up
67. which gets me right back to wanting another baby! It's a vicious cycle...
68. I like to think that I am a pretty creative person
69. Sometimes I have so many ideas going through my mind that I have to just sit down and re-group to accomplish one task
70. It kind of makes me feel like I have ADD
71. I definitely have a HUGE sweet tooth and sometimes can not think of anything else but getting a little sugar fix
72. I guess I would call myself a sugar addict!
73. I think Ella has inherited this from me because she doesn't have much of an appetite but always makes room for a treat
74. My least favorite chore to do is clean our bathtub and showers
75. My favorite thing to do is vacuum and dust
76. I used to despise ironing
77. but now I find it almost therapeutic
78. I would rather do some deep cleaning than pick up random clutter
79. I always smell my towels when they are fresh out of the dryer because I love that warm laundry smell
80. Our laundry room is my least favorite room in our home because it is just not laid out well and there always seems to be a traffic jam in there with people coming and going from the garage
81. We dream of owning a home with at least 10 acres of land someday
82. If I know my husband then this will most likely happen before the girls start kindergarten...he tends to be just a bit driven ;)
83. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year
84. I miss seeing all the leaves on the trees change colors up North
85. I used to love the snow and sled riding and now I HATE when it is so cold
86. but I miss getting to wear a bunch of cute coats and sweaters
87. I have gone to a few different churches since moving to Dallas and only one has given me the warm fuzzy feeling like I got at our churches back home
88. This one church happens to be about an hour away and is just not feasible to attend
89. I'm not a fan of churches with stadium seating and websites that rival those of rockbands
90. I tend to be more conservative when it comes to church and take pleasure in routine
91. The older I get, the more I believe in the power of prayer
92. I get so much more out of daily talks with God, by myself, than I ever got from attending church
93. My family is my most important treasure and I would do anything in my power for them
94. I'm the oldest of 4 and the only girl
95. When my last brother was born I was disappointed that he was not a girl
96. but now I love that I was the only girl and had so many protectors
97. One of my brothers was in the Army and although he doesn't like to get recognized for it, he truly is a hero
98. I'm doing exactly what I always wanted to do with my life by being a Mommy and staying home to raise my family
99. If I wasn't a stay at home Mom, I always thought that I would be a teacher
100. I thought it would be hard to come up with 100 things to write about, but now I feel like I could keep on going!
52. I never worried about how I would handle two babies at once
53. which makes me believe that ignorance really is bliss
54. Lately I've been thinking a lot about having another baby
55. but I struggle with knowing why I feel this way
56. I hate that I can't really remember the girls as newborns
57. and I feel guilty that all I do seem to remember is screaming babies and no sleep
58. I kinda feel gipped on the whole newborn experience since I never got to just sleep and cuddle with a baby...if one was quiet the other one always needed something
59. Maybe I just answered the question as to why I want another baby
60. I can't believe how quickly children grow up
61. it happens so fast that sometimes it hurts
62. I still look at the boys as the small little guys they were when I met Jay
63. and then I see them walk through the door after school and they look like young men
64. Galen will be driving in less than 4 years and that is just baffling to me
65. The girls will be the same age as Garret is now when Galen is a Sophmore in college
66. This is just one more thing that makes me cry when I think about how fast our kiddos are growing up
67. which gets me right back to wanting another baby! It's a vicious cycle...
68. I like to think that I am a pretty creative person
69. Sometimes I have so many ideas going through my mind that I have to just sit down and re-group to accomplish one task
70. It kind of makes me feel like I have ADD
71. I definitely have a HUGE sweet tooth and sometimes can not think of anything else but getting a little sugar fix
72. I guess I would call myself a sugar addict!
73. I think Ella has inherited this from me because she doesn't have much of an appetite but always makes room for a treat
74. My least favorite chore to do is clean our bathtub and showers
75. My favorite thing to do is vacuum and dust
76. I used to despise ironing
77. but now I find it almost therapeutic
78. I would rather do some deep cleaning than pick up random clutter
79. I always smell my towels when they are fresh out of the dryer because I love that warm laundry smell
80. Our laundry room is my least favorite room in our home because it is just not laid out well and there always seems to be a traffic jam in there with people coming and going from the garage
81. We dream of owning a home with at least 10 acres of land someday
82. If I know my husband then this will most likely happen before the girls start kindergarten...he tends to be just a bit driven ;)
83. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year
84. I miss seeing all the leaves on the trees change colors up North
85. I used to love the snow and sled riding and now I HATE when it is so cold
86. but I miss getting to wear a bunch of cute coats and sweaters
87. I have gone to a few different churches since moving to Dallas and only one has given me the warm fuzzy feeling like I got at our churches back home
88. This one church happens to be about an hour away and is just not feasible to attend
89. I'm not a fan of churches with stadium seating and websites that rival those of rockbands
90. I tend to be more conservative when it comes to church and take pleasure in routine
91. The older I get, the more I believe in the power of prayer
92. I get so much more out of daily talks with God, by myself, than I ever got from attending church
93. My family is my most important treasure and I would do anything in my power for them
94. I'm the oldest of 4 and the only girl
95. When my last brother was born I was disappointed that he was not a girl
96. but now I love that I was the only girl and had so many protectors
97. One of my brothers was in the Army and although he doesn't like to get recognized for it, he truly is a hero
98. I'm doing exactly what I always wanted to do with my life by being a Mommy and staying home to raise my family
99. If I wasn't a stay at home Mom, I always thought that I would be a teacher
100. I thought it would be hard to come up with 100 things to write about, but now I feel like I could keep on going!

1 comment:
Ah, I LOVE it! We have a lot in common and you are an awesome lady!
Post a Comment