So, what have we been up to this month? Well, unfortunately we rang in the New Year with a nasty head cold/upper respiratory infection. We all passed it around for about 10 days and then it thankfully left the Brummett house. I could not taste or smell one.single.thing for 5 days...not even horseradish sauce! Ugh! Because we were under the weather, we didn't have a NYE party like we have in the years past, but we had fun just the same. Gigi and Poppy came over and spent the night and we stayed up late playing games and enjoying each other's company. Landrie woke up at midnight when neighbors were shooting off fireworks, so we brought her out with us to hang for a bit. She was really sleepy and I said to her "You look really tired baby, you just took a little cat nap huh?" To which she replied "Nooo, siddee Mommy, I not a cat!" Gotta love the simple minds of kids!
On January 8th, I entered the final year of my 20's! I can hardly believe that I'm 29, so much so that I seem to forget and always say that I'm 28. I really don't care about my age because it is just a number, but I think I'm in disbelief because I feel like I was just in high school or college yesterday. Since I was just getting over being sick on my birthday, Jay and I decided to have a low key date night which was perfect. We went to an early movie and saw "The Fighter," which you definitely need to see if you haven't. We then went and grabbed a yummy burger and did a little shopping. Jay thought I was weird for wanting to walk around the mall since I'm out and about all the time, but it is soooo much better to be able to do it by myself rather than with two toddlers. The girls are awesome when we are out, but it is just so much more relaxing to be alone...you Mommies can relate I know! Jay surprised me when we were on our way home with a beautiful necklace that I had been looking at earlier in the night. He does so good at surprising me and spoiling me and I would be lying if I said I didn't love it. As much as I love the necklace and the wonderful evening we had, the best birthday present by far was to hear the girls sweet little voices exclaim "HAPPY BIRFDAY MOMMY!!!" A few weeks later, Landrie still runs up and whispers it in my ear, too sweet!
The next weekend was a big weekend for us...Mommy left for most of the day and night and Daddy was left with the girls for the very first time! Now, I should back track and say that he has obviously stayed with the girls for a couple hours here and there while I ran to the grocery store, but this time was different. I left in the afternoon while the girls were napping and did not return until 1 o'clock in the morning. The boys happened to be visiting their Mom this weekend as well, so Jay didn't even have them to help out. I know I had way more anxiety about this than I needed to, but the girls are my life day in and day out and this includes keeping them calm and cared for while Daddy works right above us. I'm so used to taking care of everything for them so that no one else has to worry about it that I seriously almost had a panic attack about whether Jay would be able to get them ready for bed. I mean, as if he hasn't already done this in his life before! Anyway, my expectations were exceeded when I walked in the door to a cleaned up kitchen/family room and sleeping beauties that had been BATHED! Jay might need to watch out now that I know he can do such a good job! Ha! The reason that I jumped ship this day was to run off and take care of this sweet, sweet little boy. He is the son of one of my oldest friends that I met when my family moved to St. Louis when I was in 3rd grade. I never would have guessed this many years later that I would be babysitting his little guy while him and his sweet wife went to another friends wedding. I had a wonderful night with sweet baby Will and really enjoyed just breathing in his little babyness. I so don't even remember the girls being that little and although Luke and Ashley kept thanking me, I was the one that was thankful!
On January 18th, my younger sister that I never had gave birth to her very first baby. Megan had Amelia Maechler Short at 37 weeks and praise God (and Grandma) that she was just perfect and so healthy. Kristen and I were on the phone constantly that day and to say that our nerves were shot would be an understatement. A new life always brings about so many emotions and I was just a blubbering fool. I so badly wanted to be with my best friend since she couldn't be with her sister that day and I was surprised at how emotional I was. I had so many memories flooding back that day and I just squeezed the girls tight and sat in disbelief as I looked at them and how big they have gotten. All these babies I've been around lately are definitely giving me a serious case of baby fever! Uh Oh! haha
Last weekend was the girls' best little girlfriends birthday party. It was a fairy garden party and Darby did such a great job with all the details. We stayed up late the night before the party drinking, decorating and baking and it was so much fun. We are always with our girls together and it is so nice to get to hang out with out our little princesses tugging at us or screaming and playing. The girls had a great time at the birthday and crashed hard that night. One of their favors was a set of fairy wings and I'm pretty sure that they have worn them everyday since last weekend! haha
Other than our busy weekends, our weeks have been filled with the usual school and work. Jay has been traveling quite a bit and working hard for all of us. The boys are a little more than halfway done with the school year and are already looking forward to spring break even though Christmas break was a month ago. The girls are still crazy and their imaginations are out.of.control these days. I love, love, love that I get to be with them all day and that I get to witness all of their cute little play time together. I have taken a bunch of pics that I will put up in my next post, but it is late and this tired Momma needs to hit the bed!
Hope this holds all of you "complainers" about the blog hiatus off for a bit! Haha, the break has been nice but I'm happy to be back and bringing you along on the ride that is our crazy life.
On January 18th, my younger sister that I never had gave birth to her very first baby. Megan had Amelia Maechler Short at 37 weeks and praise God (and Grandma) that she was just perfect and so healthy. Kristen and I were on the phone constantly that day and to say that our nerves were shot would be an understatement. A new life always brings about so many emotions and I was just a blubbering fool. I so badly wanted to be with my best friend since she couldn't be with her sister that day and I was surprised at how emotional I was. I had so many memories flooding back that day and I just squeezed the girls tight and sat in disbelief as I looked at them and how big they have gotten. All these babies I've been around lately are definitely giving me a serious case of baby fever! Uh Oh! haha
Last weekend was the girls' best little girlfriends birthday party. It was a fairy garden party and Darby did such a great job with all the details. We stayed up late the night before the party drinking, decorating and baking and it was so much fun. We are always with our girls together and it is so nice to get to hang out with out our little princesses tugging at us or screaming and playing. The girls had a great time at the birthday and crashed hard that night. One of their favors was a set of fairy wings and I'm pretty sure that they have worn them everyday since last weekend! haha
Other than our busy weekends, our weeks have been filled with the usual school and work. Jay has been traveling quite a bit and working hard for all of us. The boys are a little more than halfway done with the school year and are already looking forward to spring break even though Christmas break was a month ago. The girls are still crazy and their imaginations are out.of.control these days. I love, love, love that I get to be with them all day and that I get to witness all of their cute little play time together. I have taken a bunch of pics that I will put up in my next post, but it is late and this tired Momma needs to hit the bed!
Hope this holds all of you "complainers" about the blog hiatus off for a bit! Haha, the break has been nice but I'm happy to be back and bringing you along on the ride that is our crazy life.

1 comment:
What a sweet post, glad things are going well. and YAY for sufficant daddies, score! :)
Post a Comment