Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School and a First and a Last

Monday, August 22nd marked the first day of school for the boys.  It was also the first day of middle school for Garret and the last first day of middle school for Galen.  This was not however the last time that I will make them pose for a first day of school picture, no matter how many times they roll their eyes or tell me how annoying it is...it is one of my rights as a Mom.


When I look at this picture and see the young men that the boys are becoming, I have to change my train of thought so that I don't go in to the ugly cry, you know the one.  How did Galen go from a little 4 year old playing video games and talking with the same lisp that his little sister Landrie has to a 13 year old who is a very short year away from being a HIGH SCHOOLER?! Seriously?! When did Garret get so big that he now wears a bigger shoe size than his older brother and almost as big as his Daddy's? I mean I was just buying his 3 year old body size 18 month clothing because he too had the same teeny body that his little sister Ella has.  

Instead of dwelling on where the time has gone and letting my focus be on how all my babies are growing up, I will focus on more productive things and do my job of being a Mom.  I will do all their stinky laundry and tell them 8,632 times to pick up their socks or do their chores.  I will help them make wise decisions and give them the room they need to become the people they are destined to be.  I will make sure that in the moments when I may be less than pleased with a decision they have made, that they know that no matter what, they are loved.  I will do this job of being a Mom and continue to be ever so thankful for it.  It is my job to help them  grow up, not to keep them them little forever.

So here's to what will hopefully be a wonderful year for the boys and for all of us.  I hope and pray that they continue on the path they are on, becoming wonderful young men that bring as much joy to others as they bring to our family.  I pray that they always know how lucky we feel to call them ours.


Happy School Year Boys!!!!!!


1 comment:

Abbey said...

What a sweet post. They are so handsome and I am sure all the girls are after them already! :)