It is no secret that we have some little girly girls on our hands and that they live for all things pink, sparkly and princess-like. For one of our road trips last year, I bought them the Barbie movie version of "The Twelve Dancing Princesses." Well they quickly started following along with their dress up tutus and dancing on their "teepee toes." After seeing how well they did following the movie and hearing their squeals when we asked them if they wanted to be "real" ballerinas, we decided to get them signed up for their very own ballet class. They had their very first class 2 weeks ago and they were so darn cute! This Momma definitely had tears in her eyes at the sweetness and seeing just how big my babies have gotten! Here they are before class
So cute, right?! I was just a little worried that they might freak out and not want to go in the room with out me, but not too much. One of the great things about having multiples is that they always have a buddy and are never alone. It is both a blessing and a curse, but in this case a blessing. My little ballerinas went right into class holding hands and barely looked back. They were a little apprehensive at first, but quickly warmed up to the other ballerinas, especially Miss Mariah, their pretty teacher. As I was watching and smiling, Ella turned around and saw me. I didn't wave or anything, just smiled at her and she said "No, go away!" I guess my fears of them being a little scared were all for nothing! Ha! I wasn't sure how the girls would do with stretching and warming up, but they followed along just fine. It was definitely interesting to see the coordination level in the girls and how each of them interpreted what the teacher was doing. It seems that Landrie has inherited the same coordination skills I had when I was younger and hopefully they will become much better like mine did! Haha!
(pics from my phone)
Their class is an introduction to ballet and movement to help them become familiar with movement and rythm so in addition to learning ballet and its terminology, they also get to do some free form movement. They really seem to like this part because the teacher usually plays some Disney music and they get to dance with wands, ribbons and use instruments. You can imagine how much excitement this brings them! I took some random video of this because I thought it was just so cute. Even if my girls weren't in class, I could sit and watch little girls dance around all day long...SO cute!
So cute, right?! I was just a little worried that they might freak out and not want to go in the room with out me, but not too much. One of the great things about having multiples is that they always have a buddy and are never alone. It is both a blessing and a curse, but in this case a blessing. My little ballerinas went right into class holding hands and barely looked back. They were a little apprehensive at first, but quickly warmed up to the other ballerinas, especially Miss Mariah, their pretty teacher. As I was watching and smiling, Ella turned around and saw me. I didn't wave or anything, just smiled at her and she said "No, go away!" I guess my fears of them being a little scared were all for nothing! Ha! I wasn't sure how the girls would do with stretching and warming up, but they followed along just fine. It was definitely interesting to see the coordination level in the girls and how each of them interpreted what the teacher was doing. It seems that Landrie has inherited the same coordination skills I had when I was younger and hopefully they will become much better like mine did! Haha!
(pics from my phone)
Their class is an introduction to ballet and movement to help them become familiar with movement and rythm so in addition to learning ballet and its terminology, they also get to do some free form movement. They really seem to like this part because the teacher usually plays some Disney music and they get to dance with wands, ribbons and use instruments. You can imagine how much excitement this brings them! I took some random video of this because I thought it was just so cute. Even if my girls weren't in class, I could sit and watch little girls dance around all day long...SO cute!
I am already so excited for their recital that is a year away! Hopefully the girls will continue to love ballet school and we will have lots more pictures of them having fun!

1 comment:
So fun!!! I started ballet about their age and have so many great memories. It's so neat that they will get to share that together. They are so beautiful and their pics before ballet are adorable!
Post a Comment