Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The 4th...of July!

Well it happened again, another month went by with out a post! I wish I could say it was because we have just been so busy and having so much fun, but actually we have been cooped up inside trying to stay cool.  We had over 40 day of 100 degrees and above and about 5 days straight of 110 or hotter! Ugh! I started to feel a little depressed because we have just been sitting in our house with curtains drawn not seeing the sun because one glimpse of it and it feels like your eye balls are cooking.  I started looking through pictures and posts to remember the early part of the summer when we actually did stuff.  I realized that even though I sorted through the pictures and wrote part of the post, I never posted about our 4th of July weekend.  Up until today, it was the last time that we were in a pool because it was the last time that the pool felt cool enough to be refreshing!

We spent our entire weekend in the pool with friends, watching a few different firework shows and just celebrating summer.  This year marked a first for the girls because they finally got to see fireworks! Crazy to think that they've never seen them, but every other year they have been fast asleep by the time the show started.  They were definitely ready for bed this year too but it is easier to keep them awake now that they are older.  We watched fireworks Friday night and Sunday night and both shows were wonderful!

Ella very patiently waited for the fireworks to begin.




Once the show started she was completely intrigued and happy to sit on Daddy's shoulders for a closer look!

On Monday the actual holiday, we spent the all day in the pool enjoying drinks and food with family and friends.  It was hot but not too hot yet and pretty much just a perfect day.  The boys grown men decided that they needed to have a splash contest and I'm pretty sure that the water level in the LaRue's pool went down about 3 inches!





There wasn't room for all four big boys to jump so Bryan decided to go by himself.  He said that his splash alone would probably be bigger than all three and we all agreed...he does have a little "junk in the trunk" to help him though!



After the splash contest we ate some food and continued our visit.  We had a good game of "pool volleyball" (which just meant that we were trying to keep the huge beach ball from hitting the ground) going and I'm pretty sure it burned off all the calories we had consumed for dinner!





Lily was begging Ella for some watermelon.  I was shocked that Ella was okay with Lily sitting by her...she likes dogs but usually from a distance.  Lily never got any watermelon but she sure tried for a good 15 minutes or so!

Bryan and the boys attempted to do a little air surfing.  Bryan tried to switch to doing it one handed but the boys didn't quite have the balance for that and went flying.


 I would say that the above pic sums up the result of our fun weekend! It was great and we are to thankful to have such wonderful friends and family!




1 comment:

Abbey said...

I love looking at pictures of your sweet family! Also, that pool looks amazing!! :)