About 5 months ago, we were sitting around with our good friends and neighbors and decided that we should do a family camping trip. If you know me, then you know that I loathe camping, but this was going to be different. Our neighbors have a new RV, so that meant AC and running water. I know some people may find my disdain for camping to be silly, but I just don't love it. If I'm going away for a weekend trip to have fun and relax, then I want to be comfortable. I don't do bugs and dirt well and those are usually par for the course with camping. But, if I have some comforts of home, then I will agree to go! Ha! We decided that Labor Day weekend would be a good time to go after our busy summer and reserved a site on Lake Texoma. It is about 45 minutes north of us and is usually a beautiful lake...key word being usually. Two days before we were set to leave, we found out that the lake had been shut down due to it being covered in some toxic blue-green algae. We thought our trip was going to be a bust until we remembered that there was a state park and other lake just a tad further that we could go to. This ended up being a total blessing in disguise! The park had ATV tracks, so Jay took all of his 4 wheelin' toys and we got an RV site right on the water by the boat dock. There was a beach area a very short walk away and lots of trees to keep us shaded. I think if we ever do this again, we will def be going back to this lake.
So this is what the girls were doing if we weren't swimming...getting dirty! I still can not believe that my precious little babies got so dirty on this trip or that I let them! Ha!
Before dirt...
After dirt! Bless her little heart, she has a mustache and did not care one bit!
If the boys weren't swimming or boating, they were fishing. They didn't catch much because we were on a busy part of the lake, but they didn't care.
We had great views of the sunset from our spot. The girls loved that the sky was pink and purple!
We sat on the dock and watched the big boys tube. I took the girls out and tubed with them and they had an absolute blast! I don't have pics of that obviously, but I'm so happy that my babies are on their way to sharing my love of water sports!
We had a fun weekend with friends, making lasting memories. The girls loved camping, which I'm happy about. This means that maybe someday Daddy will be brave enough to take them camping by himself and Mommy can go relax at a nice hotel and spa!




No comments:
Post a Comment