We were on our way home later than usual one night and Ella was telling us a very dramatic story about a bad dream that she had had. Apparently a mean cowboy chased her and tied her up. Well Garret being the good big brother that he is tried to make her feel better. He said "Well I had a really good dream one night. I dreamt that I married a princess and her name was Ella." Swoon right? Ella thought this was very funny and said in her most you-are-crazy voice "Siddy Bubba, you can't marry me Ella! I'm jus a liddle girl! You can jus marry Bubba Galen." I guess the positive side is that she realizes that she is still too young to marry!
Landrie has been going through a bit of a dramatic phase. She cries more often if we tell her "No" or if she doesn't get her way. She doesn't really throw any fit, but there has definitely been a shift in her behavior. One day I was getting on to her about something and she pushed my face away from hers because she didn't want to listen. You can imagine how well that went over with me...I sternly told her no and that she was not allowed to do that to me or anyone else for that matter. She didn't cry right away but stood there with a trembling lip. After about a minute she finally started crying and said "Mommy you just hurt my life all the time. My froat hurts because you hurt my life when you were mean to me." I was trying not to laugh because while she was really crying, she was laying on the dramatic voice pretty hard. I said "Do you mean that I hurt your feelings?" She said "Yes and it hurts my froat and I'm trying to swallow it but I can't!"
On another day she was wanting to go lay in our room for something and I told her that she did not need to. Sure enough, she slumped her shoulders as low as she could and sulked off into her room. A few minutes later I heard her saying something in her most sad pathetic voice she could muster. As I listened closer I heard "Oh poor Landrie. She just wants to go in Mommy's room and her Mommy said No she donts need to. Oh poor poor Landrie." I was cracking up and totally wish that I had had time to video tape it because I'm pretty sure any movie producer in Hollywood would have hired her on the spot for her acting skills!
The girls LOVE to draw and color and have for quite some time now. It is one of my favorite things to watch them do because it is just so interesting to watch their personalities come through their art work. Ella is very serious when it comes to her art and when she colors, she likes to stay in the lines. Landrie is more of an abstract artist and all over the place with her designs and coloring. I like to ask them what they are drawing from time to time and their answers are always varied of course. Recently, two of my favorite responses from them were "I don know what I'm dwawing...I'm having a wokshop" from Ella. Landrie's response to her picture was "Um, I'm dwaling tha ansaw." (I'm drawing the answer) I don't question it further though because I don't want to have disgruntled artists on my hands!
We went out to eat one night and the girls had some coloring pages. I brought them home because I just liked the way that they colored them. I thought that their little personalities really shined through and just thought they would be good to keep. Ella, as you can imagine, colored neatly in the lines and took her time making the whole picture colorful and neat. Landrie did a great job as well, but her strokes were a little more loose and she stuck to a two color palette. When we got home I put the pictures on the fridge and the girls seemed pleased with that. They only lasted up there a couple days because they became a source of fights. The girls were standing and admiring their work when I overheard this conversation... Landrie: "Look at our pitchers sissy. We did a good job cololin them. I like all the colors on yours." Ella: "Thanks. I coloed alll in da lines and yours's jus look like a big mess!" Of course Landrie shed tears because her little heart was broken. Ella definitely has a little mean streak in her and knows how to push Landrie's buttons. After getting on to her they went about their business playing and I had to have a little laugh at yet another funny conversation.
There are so many things that these girls do and say and I couldn't feel more blessed than to be their Mommy and experience it ALL!

No comments:
Post a Comment