A couple weeks ago, the girls and I visited a new aquarium with a friend. This is the third aquarium that we've been to in our area and by far the one that I have been most pleased with. It is laid out so that you don't miss anything and you definitely don't feel overwhelmed. The girls loved seeing all the fishies and exploring. All but 2 tanks had a little porthole that the girls could get in and get a better look at all the sea creatures. They were a little hesitant at first because they really thought they were under water, but they quickly figured them out. The walk through tunnel was really cool because it even had glass on the floor so you got a 360 degree experience. It was pretty funny because the girls and all of the other little ones were scared to walk on the glass. I don't blame them though because the glass was super clear and to their little minds, it def looked as though they were walking in water!
Before we went in with our little friend, Avianna
Landrie was brave and finally popped her head up in one of the portholes! She was excited because there was a starfish right in front of her.
This is in front of the stingray tank and probably one of my favorite exhibits. It was big and the stingrays were very active so it was fun to watch. The girls were giving one kisses in the pic.
The type of shrimp in this pic was in all of the tanks because they help to keep the tanks clean. They clean all of the fish too and in one tank, we got to see some fish lined up for a cleaning!
In the shark tunnel...I think you can see why the girls were hesitant to walk on it, it was so clear!
This was a favorite tank for all of the kids because of all the "Nemo" fishies.
I loved this tank too because there were so many starfish.
I would say that this playdate was a success!

No comments:
Post a Comment