So yeah, it is only November 14th and I haven't updated or posted anything in over a month. I've been in a blogging slump of sorts and anytime I would sit down to post something, I would just erase it and say "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow." I can hardly believe that we are less than two weeks away from Thanksgiving and a little over a month away from Christmas! Does anyone else know where this whole year went because I sure don't?! This has been the quickest year of my life for sure and while it has had many, many ups, I'm ready to celebrate the holidays and ring in a new year and fresh start. Maybe my new years resolution will be to blog more!
So what have we been up to over the last few months? Nothing and everything really. Galen and Garret have been doing well in school and are typical teenagers. Their friends are more important than their family and their after school activities consist of playing football, skateboarding and texting with their friends. Garret's football season ended a couple weeks ago, so our schedules aren't quite so hectic. He had a great season himself although the same can't be said for his team...it is all about learning though!
The girls enjoyed going to Garret's games a lot more than in past years, so that made it much more enjoyable for me. There is a kid on Garret's team that has a little brother around the girls age and they had fun playing with him. His name is Jackson and Landrie was really confused at first because she was expecting to see her Jacksie.
If they weren't playing with Jackson, the girls kept themselves busy by running and jumping and Ella LOVED rolling around in the grass. Don't even ask, sometimes this girl just can not be explained! haha
The girls got to go to a birthday party for a little friend in October and it did not disappoint. Her Mommy hired a lady to come and do hair and makeup for the little girls and they were all so cute. Ella was very serious about the whole experience and thought she was so grown up. My mind was flashing forward about 12 years to a bunch of 15 year old girls sitting around and getting ready for high school dances, and if I wasn't taking pictures I probably would've been crying!
This is Landrie's new pose...she is getting ready for Hollywood! Hahaha
This is Ella's usual pose, refusing to look at the camera! I guess she is ready for Hollywood too with her Diva attitude!
They decided to start singing "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, a current favorite in our house.
The rest of the month of October was spent at pumpkin patches and preparing for Halloween. I will post about those seperately because there are a lot of pictures! I promise I will go work on those posts now so that I don't have to lump it together with Christmas! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment