Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2009

"My Tooth Went Through My Lip!...But, Can I Go Back Out and Play?"

Ahhhhh...life with boys. Summer has been filled with constant sleep overs, swimming, playing in creeks, skateboarding, XBOX 360 and just all around fun for these boys. Because of this, they have completely lost track of when they last did their chores or showered which has led to my house smelling like boy...the smell of dirt and wind. But isn't that what being a boy is all about? All I can say is that it is a darn good thing I grew up with brothers so I'm used to this! Galen and Garret have two certain friends that are also brothers and they spend A LOT of time together. Yesterday, all of the boys were swimming in one of the neighborhood creeks and an unfortunate accident happened. Yes, it gave the name to this post, Garret bit all the way through his bottom lip. And yes, he came home and said exactly what I put in the title...at least he has a high pain threshold! I wasn't too worried when I first looked at him because this is what I saw:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
His lip was obviously swollen and he had a good clean cut that was not gaping. He said he wasn't in a huge amount of pain and luckily had no loose teeth, so I was congratulating him on the fact that he would have a scar to show for it...something that is sought after from every boy. After getting a good look at the outside of his face, I asked to see the inside. Um, can I get an "EWWWWW, GROSS!" Of course I have photographic evidence for you:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Landrie felt bad for Garret and was so sweet to him. She stayed by him as long as he was here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I cleaned everything up really good, had Garret iced it and he was back out the door and at the pool 20 min. later. Of course the boys spent the night, again, at Coby and Dylan's last night. We went to the park with them today and Dylan and Garret showed us what they do at their sleepovers:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If you can't tell, they are sportin' pink, glittery nails. I guess boys and girls are very much the same when it comes to sleepover fun! As you can see, pink glittery nails make Garret feel pretty fierce:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Don't know what we are gonna do with that one! We have about a month until school and football starts, so I'm sure we have much more in store. I pray that we can make it to the end of summer with out a broken bone or a boy that tells us he wants to wear dresses and make up to school!

2 comments:

sportzmom said...

OUCH! I know about those boys getting hurt...stitches, broken bones, etc. So cute to see him with his little sister!

Kristy Sola said...

Poor guy. Hope his mouth is healed by now.

That is so funny that you noticed the boys hands on eachothers leg. I love it and I didnt even notice. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Hope you and your am are doing great!!