Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

Meeting Jackson

A couple weeks ago the girls and I packed up yet again for our long awaited road trip to see Aunt Kristen and Uncle Jason and to finally get to meet Mr. Jackson. Since the day he was born at the beginning of June, I have been itching to go and meet the little guy. But, since we went to Cincinnati shortly after he was born, I had to mentally prepare myself to get in the car by myself to make the 6 hr trip. I did this same trip by myself back in October when the girls were only 4 1/2 mos. and lets just say I still have nightmares about it. But, after this last trip, the nightmares are fewer because the girls were AMAZING! I guess the 7 road trips and 1 plane trip they've been on since their birth has helped them to become quite the seasoned travelers. I mean do the math, they have averaged a trip every 1.75 months since they've been born! I MUST be crazy! Anywho, we were in Louisiana for 3 full days and it was great. I got lots of Jackson lovin' in and tried where I could to help Kristen out. I definitely tried to not hold him for too long once he fell asleep because Mr. man has become quite spoiled when it comes to sleep...he must be held and often wakes up once he is laid down. Sounds like someone else I know, ahem...Ella. It was really fun to see the girls interact with Jackson. Ella definitely took to him sooner than Landrie. She didn't seem to feel threatened by him and was giving out kisses and rubs the first day. Landrie on the other hand wanted nothing to do with him for the first day and a half. She is a momma's girl and she did everything she could to push Jackson out of my arms when I was holding him. But, once she realized that he wasn't so bad, she warmed right up to him and decided that he wasn't so bad. :) Overall we had a wonderful trip and just like Kristen, I had to pinch myself a few times to make myself realize that this was real and we weren't little girls playing with baby dolls anymore. We have come a long way from the days of stuffing our shirts with pillows to look pregnant and playing house ALL day. One thing that was very real was the fact that I definitely can say that I'm not ready for another baby anytime soon. I was expecting to have the itch as soon as I held Jackson, but with these crazy girls keeping me on my toes more than ever these days, I think we are good for now. ;) I have rambled on long enough now...on to the pictures!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Landrie helping to watch Jackson and adjust his swing
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ella's turn to babysit
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wide awake and alert and wondering what the heck is hanging above his head!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ella rocking Jackson so that he would stay asleep...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and getting mad when Landrie came over to try and wake him up!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Poor boy bein' poked and prodded
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Ella liked to hang out on tea cart
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Landrie being her crazy self
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Having a pow wow
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Landrie putting the moves on Jack...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
and I think he liked it!

No comments: