Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Confined

Since the girls haven't really been feeling up to par, we have been spending lots and lots of time confined to our family room/kitchen a.k.a the girls playroom. To say that I feel like the walls are closing in around me would be an understatement, but they are starting to feel better, so I guess there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We decided that it would be a good idea to take them to the Dr the other day after that "something's just not right" feeling. Better to be safe than sorry, right? So off we headed to the Dr and what an experience that was! Thankfully, Gigi met us there because if she hadn't, I might have left. The girls wanted no part of anyone at the office touching them and screamed bloody murder just having to stick their finger in the pulseometer. So, after being at the office for over 2 hrs and getting tested for strep and the flu, we left with a diagnosis that I expected...they just had a viral infection that would run its course within 7 days. Well, a viral infection they do have, but not one we expected. They have Roseola, which is basically just a virus that comes with an extremely high fever and a preceding horrible looking rash. Ella's little back just looks awful as it is covered in the nasty rash and Landrie looks a little better because her rash isn't nearly as bad. Good news is that the rash only lasts about 2 days and it doesn't cause any discomfort. The worst part of the virus is the high fever and we are already over that, so hopefully we can put all of this behind us very soon. In the meantime, while we have been confined to our little area, the girls have become partial to doing some things that I managed to snap some pictures of. They received two things for Christmas that they are particularly fond of, the first being the Playskool Busy Ball Popper. Ella squeal with delight anytime the balls start popping and it will keep her entertained for a good 30 min. Landrie likes it too, but she enjoys trying to shove things in it that don't belong there, surprise surprise!


The other toy that they are completely in love with is their Elmo Live that Gigi and Poppy got for them. It is a pretty cool little toy and I can hear the girls over the monitor in the mornings asking for it. They love all things Elmo, even their diapers!

One day, before they were sick, the girls spent the day at Gigi and Poppy's so that I could get our Christmas tree taken down without little hands trying to "help." When my mom brought them back home, Ella had a new little treasure...a bottle of sprinkles. Well, it has been 2 weeks since Gigi gave her that bottle and it has been her constant companion.

She even took that bottle to bed with her a few times!
Landrie has become quite fond of stacking things and sticking things in places that they don't necessarily belong, but fit. The other day she decided to drink her sippy cup out of one of her toys


I've said it before and I know I'll say it a million more times, but the girl is a nut! I guess all of the drinking and playing made her pretty tired too because I found her like this a few times

I suppose her exhaustion could also have been caused by her extremely high temperature, especially since she fell asleep while eating...the girls loves her food!
Even though these last few days have been extremely trying though all the whining and irritability, I've been trying to savor all of the extra snuggles and kisses that the girls have been handing out. I know it won't be long until they are too cool and too big to want to snuggle with their Mommy and Daddy and I will wish that I could have these moments back. Moments like this, where I go to the bathroom and come back to find my babies comforting each other in their sickness

Oh how I love these baby girls!!!

No comments: