Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ringing In A New Decade

What a whirlwind the last 10 years has been! 10 years ago, I was a high school senior.

(This is the only pic on my computer from that year)
I was looking forward to graduating from high school, going away to college with all of my friends and beginning a whole new life. That was my most favorite year of school and I will always remember it. I will also always remember the fact that I had my future all planned out and fully expected it to go exactly the way that I had pictured it in my head. Oh how young and naive was I? Ha! When I look back on my "plans" for my life, I can't help but think of a certain little song that Garth Brooks sings..."Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." Garth Brooks (or whoever wrote the song) is one smart man! My life would be entirely different if I was in charge of my destiny and not God. Because of unanswered prayers, God has given me a wonderful husband, 2 awesome "bonus" sons and 2 beautiful and delightful daughters. 10 years ago, I never "planned" to have 2 "bonus" sons by the time I was 23 or twins when I was 26. I never planned to drop out of college and move down Dallas, leaving behind my beloved St. Louis. But now, 10 years later from that night spent with so many great friends, there is no where that I would rather be then right where I'm at! (well unless of course my wonderful hubby would come home and say we were headed to Bali or something, then I might make an exception!) I know these next 10 years will probably go by faster than the last. When I think about the fact that we will have a 21 yr old, a 20 yr old and 2 10 yr olds, time actually passes before I can blink! But, ages aside, I'm excited to see what God has in the cards for our family for this next decade and welcome what is in His plans with open arms! Here are some pics of our New Years Eve spent doing things not so different than I did 10 years ago, we just added about 15 kids and babies to the mix!

So I had to draw arrows on this pic to point out the two people that were trying so desperately to not have their picture taken...too bad they still stuck out! These are all of the kids that stayed the night at our house and this is before the rest showed up. I love that the girls are holding court in their high chairs too! Ha! They seriously have the boys and all of their friends wrapped around their teeny tiny fingers!





Wishing all of you health and many blessings this new year!

1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

Aww, this post made me a little teary eyed! I certainly hope that living in the same town as each other again is in His plans for sometime in the next ten years! loves:)