Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day In My Life

Since I don't have much to blog about other than the steady flow of snot, lack of sleep and hacking lungs that have taken over our house, I thought I would join in the tour going on at Kelly's Korner. Today on the "Show Us Your Life" tour, Kelly is asking that we share what our day looks like. I don't know how exciting our days are, but they are definitely full! Here is an example of our typical day

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

7:00~ The boys wake up for school and come downstairs to eat
7:15~ I wake up and make the boys lunch and chat with them before school
7:30-7:45~ The boys leave for school and I drink my first cups of MUCH needed coffee!
7:45-8:00~ The girls usually wake up sometime in the 15 min period, sometimes they wake up before or later, but most of the time they are awake by 8:00
8:00-9:00~ The girls are a lot like me in the morning and need some time to fully wake up , sooo, they curl up with some milk and I continue to drink coffee while we watch Disney Channel and Sprout TV. They start to play after a little bit and I get caught up on e-mails, facebook and blogging.
9:00-9:45~ Girls eat breakfast while I unload the dishwasher, clean up the kitchen and sometimes throw some laundry in the wash.
9:45-11:30~ Girls get dressed, I get dressed, the girls play, I clean up whatever needs to be cleaned, read books and play with girls. Sometimes I go to the gym during this time or run errands.
11:30-2:00~ Girls naptime and mommy's free time! Haha...I usually eat some lunch, get on the computer, sew/craft, nap or clean some more. All of this depends on how well the girls nap and what all needs to be done, but the moments of quiet is definitely welcomed!
2:00-3:00~ Girls wake up, play for a little bit and have some lunch. I usually straighten up the family room, kitchen or vacuum...I'm obsessed with vacuuming!
3:00~ Garret gets home from school. The girls run up and give him hugs, I ask how his day was and he replies with the proverbial "fine." I think that is all kids' response to school!
3:10-4:15~ More play time! If I didn't get a chance to run errands in the morning, I usually leave after Garret gets home, which would be during this time. Most days, we just play and if it's nice, we go outside for some fresh air and sunshine!
4:15~ Galen gets home from school and the same scene from 3:00 plays out...girls get excited, I ask how his day was and get the same answer "fine." Since Galen is older and a middle schooler now, I will get the occasional conversation and a little more than just "fine."
4:30-5:45~ We play some more, have a snack, clean some more or stay outside.
5:45~ Time to get dinner started...
6:30-7:00~ Dinner time then bath time
7:30-8:00~ Girls go to bed, boys shower and get ready for bed
9:00~ Boys go to bed and watch some TV and I get the kitchen/family room cleaned up for the umpteenth time that day!
9:30-11:00~ Relaxing time for me which is usually spent on the computer, watching TV or sewing.
11:00-12:00~ Jay and I usually go to bed sometime in this time frame and get some zzz's to rest up for the next day!

As I was typing this, I was thinking to myself that our days seem really uneventful and that is perfectly fine with me! Our days will drastically change soon enough as the warm weather brings pool and boating season our way and I couldn't be more ready for that!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You my dear needs a vaction =) What a day....Love the girls long naptime........great time to relax and get things done =)

Momma Wilson said...

We should have added in on schedules - 5:30, talk to Momma Wilson on her drive home from work about the day's events:)

Meet the Brummett's said...

Yes, Kelly, I do need a vacation desperately! And Kristen, this is true...our phone calls are a highlight of my day and a much needed break from the craziness!