Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Halloween 2010

It's only a week late, but I finally have time to sit down and tell you all about our fun Halloween.  This was the first year that the girls actually got to go out and trick-or-treat.  I wasn't really sure how they would do with all the scary decorations and masks, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Landrie was definitely a little more timid than Ella and she probably would've been done after about 5 houses.  We ended up making it around our entire block and by the end Ella was an old pro.  She walked right up on the porch and proceeded to be very methodical in which piece of candy she chose out of the candy dish.  She didn't do to well with the "trick-or-treat" but she remembered to say thank you and told everyone "HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" Landrie on the other hand probably would've been just as happy, if not happier, staying at our house.  She was so cute, even though it was obvious she was pretty uncomfortable and a little scared. If a house looked a little spooky, she would walk up and say "Don't be afraid, it's ok...don't be afraid, I'm ok."  It was as if she was giving herself a little pep talk and she just sounded so sweet.  Once it got dark out, things obviously looked a lot more scary and Landrie decided to ride in our golf cart with Poppy.  It was just too much for her to have to walk by all the scary ghosts and goblins.  She stopped to get out and walk up to a house with us that had one of those big inflatable decorations in the front yard.  She decided that it wasn't too scary, but then the owner opened the door.  He was dressed as Jason and had a big bloody sword in his hand.  I was holding Ella and she just leaned in to me and said "Ew, I don't lak it" and took her candy and got down.  Landrie stopped dead in her tracks and just stared.  When the man asked her if she would like some candy, she said "Um no sanks, I got some, I'm good" and she turned around and ran back to Poppy.  It was so funny! One of the last houses we went to was a "nice" house because it had cute decorations and didn't scare anyone.  They have a little girl that was dressed up as a cute piglet, so it was a safe bet that Landrie wasn't going to be scared.  As we were walking up to the porch, there were a few little girls dressed up as vampire princesses and Landrie walked right through them and said "Oh excuse me princesses, I have to get some candy."  So sweet and so cute! We ended the night with a ride around the neighborhood looking at all of the decorations and then back home to enjoy some of the loot!





The princesses and the spooky neighbor boys!

 The first stop!
 The Princess Posse
 Ella had to help Landrie feel better because she got scared of some spooky masks

No comments: