Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cards: Take 1

You would think that I have learned my lesson by now.  You would think that I wouldn't get so worked up when a vision of mine doesn't quite work out.  You would think that by now I would have figured out how to get the pictures I want the first time I try.  Well, I think that next year I will try and learn my lesson to save myself the heartache.  On a pleasant Sunday afternoon, we attempted what would be our first go round at Christmas card pictures 2010.  The only vision or goal I wanted to attain was a picture or pictures of our children as themselves.  Their happy selves I should add.  They are so heart wrenching to watch when they are in their element and interacting with each other because they truly enjoy and love each other.  They may never admit it (ahem Garret and Galen) but they couldn't make me and their Daddy more proud to call them our own.  The boys are good buddies when their hormones aren't raging and I know that when they are adults they will be able to appreciate each other for who they are and they will be blessed to have friendship in each other.  I can't even begin to describe the love that the girls have for their brothers and vice versa, but it is exactly what I wanted to show through in our pictures.  Sooooo, back to that Sunday.  It was a bit chilly and we were rushed so I should've known better than to attempt to get pictures.  We lasted all of 10 minutes before we had babies crying and wanting to run off and boys that were doing their best to baby wrangle.  In the midst of the chaos, I did get a few pictures that were cute but not quite what I wanted.



After the above two, it kinda all went down hill.  It was tough to get all the kids to look and or smile at the same time.  Here is just one example of that:


I should've known that it was time to leave after this.  But oh know, as I said I haven't quite learned my lesson.  Here is one of the many pictures I will keep and look back on if my visions start to get to big for my britches!


The boys are smiling but Landrie is clearly not happy and Ella looks as if she has been drugged! I am happy to report that we had picture retakes a couple days later and the outcome was much better.  The header of the blog was taken during round two and I am now patiently waiting for our Christmas cards to arrive.  I will share more pictures from the retake day once our cards are out...I don't want to spoil the surprise of the card!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You have cute kids!!! Love the pics