So leading up to Christmas we were busy little elves with a lot of little things to do here and there. We had a play date with friends at one of our malls with the intent of visiting Santa and the cool exhibit they have set up. It had a big snowglobe that you waited in line in and the girls had a ton of fun with the fake snow. I of course didn't bring my camera because I was convinced that the girls wouldn't sit on Santa's lap and I didn't feel like messing with bringing it. But, wouldn't you know that the girls were more than happy to sit on Santa's lap and even though I didn't bring my camera, I was so happy that there were no tears! I was fully expecting it after last year's episode. I think what helped this year was the fact that Mrs. Claus was there to take the girls to Santa and the girls really loved her. They gave her big hugs and kisses and I was shocked! They told Santa that they wanted a "chicken" (kitchen) and a "pincess doll." Santa said he loved them and that he would try his hardest to grant their wishes since they were such good girls. In addition to this years pictures, here are the other two for comparison. I laugh at last years and cry at how big they have gotten all at the same time!
Later in the week we headed over to Gigi and Poppy's for our annual Christmas cookie decorating It has gotten much more competitive over the years as we all try and bring our "A game" when it comes to ideas and decorating. It is always lots of fun and in the end, Gigi and Poppy end up with some good looking cookies! The winners of the contest get their cookies turned into ornaments because some cookies are just too good looking to eat. I didn't take any pics of the end products and winners for some reason, but just take my word for it that they were good! So good infact, that we found Ella in the dining room afterwards doing this
She made her way down the table taking a nibble or a little lick here and there...silly girl! When I caught her she said "Mmmmm Momma that gooood tookies! I like tha prinkles!" Yes Ella, clearly you like the cookies and sprinkles! Here are some more pictures of cookie decorating in action
This post would not be complete if I didn't share with you some pictures of my oh so hot, baby Daddy. Jay decided that he really wanted to get in the spirit and bring his game this year and felt the need to dress the part. Enjoy!
The day after cookie decorating, the boys went to their Mom's to have Christmas with her. It was the perfect opportunity for me to get some cleaning, baking and organizing of things for the holidays done. I left the girls with my Mom one day so that I could bake and get some last minute shopping done. Even with the extra time that gave me and the fact that I was minus 2 kids for the week, time still seemed to slip away. I was very happy to take a moment to relax one night with Jay though and enjoy something that hasn't happened for over 350 years...a lunar eclipse on the winter solstice. It was so nice to go outside with is so quiet and peaceful and it was really a cool thing to see. Here are a couple of pics that I snapped
I have a cute video that I want to share, but for some reason my flip software doesn't want to cooperate. Sooo, hopefully I can get it working in the next day or so cause' I think it is cute. I'll be posting a Christmas re-cap soon too, but now it is time for me to head to bed!

2 comments:
that is one HOT baby's daddy you got there. the hat totally makes it!
Aww, I just found your blog & I love reading about other twins! I have a twin sister & she is my best friend & I love her so much. We will be 30 in May & we both just had baby boys this past year. (we do EVERYTHING together, ha!) They are about 2 1/2 months apart. This Christmas was so fun b/c we got to see each other & spend it with our boys & family. Hope ya'll had a Merry Christmas!
<3 Bon
www.thebrownfamilyblog.com
Post a Comment