Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

PT Anonymous

My name is Stephanie and I joined "Potty Training Anonymous" because my 2 1/2 yr olds are not potty trained...and I have no desire to train them.  Maybe I'm a lazy mother.  Maybe I am just giving into them to easily.  Maybe I'm afraid that I will never be able to take them anywhere ever again. I mean we will spend our entire outing in the bathroom because you know they will never have to "go" at the same time and you know that they will always have to go when we are as far away from a bathroom as we could possibly be.  Sure I will get in some extra calorie burning with all the bathroom sprinting I will be doing, but why even bother leaving the house?! I will become a hermit who's life is consumed with "tee tee" and "yucky poo poo."  Maybe you think I'm overreacting a bit and that I'm giving up with out even trying.  To that, I present exhibit A: This would be a great example of how things go when the girls touch their tiny hineies to that tiny little plastic throne.


Screaming, flailing and begging for spankings just so they can get off the potty are just a bit of what ensues.  Ella was lucky enough to be by the door so she was able to hide out of sight to throw her fit.  She popped out for a minute and I snapped this:
Yeah, see, not happy campers.  What does make them happy is what I would like to present as exhibit b: This would be a toy teapot that the girls confuse with a real pot!


They don't actually go in these of course but they definitely would if they weren't wearing diapers.  They gladly sit down and exclaim "Mommy, I a big girl I go tee tee on the potty!" or "Mama, yook I have a biiiigggg turd!" So lady like I tell ya.

So there's my big confession.  I will continue to ignore the looks from people who are surely thinking that my children are wayyyyy too old to be in diapers.  I will continue to happy dances and potty time cheers in an effort to get my children excited about going potty like big girls.  I will continue to relinquish my only "alone" time during the day by letting the girls in the bathroom with me so they can see that going potty is a normal thing.  And, if all else fails, I will figure out a way to turn a toy teapot into a real princess potty!

3 comments:

Lant Family said...

Yeah I am pretty sure potty training is one of the worst thing when parenting a toddler. I wish it was easier. Good Luck!

Momma Wilson said...

oh how I'm not looking forward to these days! and poor you, you have two:) btw, I'm totally in love with your header pic!

Becky said...

I never thought about how hard 2 would be at once! There isn't a bathroom in Northern Kentucky that Hunter hasn't visited! It will be ok--Tyler was almost 3 before he would tee-tee and can't remember how old before he stopped bringing me diapers to poop in!! Hang in there :)