Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tale as Old as Time

Last Thursday was a first for my girlies and I and it happened to be one of the best nights I've ever had with them! One of the local high schools put on a lil ol' play that you might have heard of... Disney's "Beauty and the Beast."  It definitely exceeded all expectations I had as far as production/costumes/performances went, it was awesome! I didn't realize that it was the Disney version that has been performed on Broadway, so I thought that it would maybe last about 1 1/2 hrs at the most.  But, 3 hrs later I was walking out of the theater with two very sleepy little girls.  I was absolutely shocked that they lasted through the whole play with only a 15 min intermission where they got to get up and stretch their legs a bit.  They were completely enchanted the whole evening and it really was so special to me that we went.  Since Daddy was out of town he didn't get to join us, so it was a girls night with the girls best little friend Sophia and her Mommy (my friend) Darby.  We dressed the girls up in their Princess finery and snapped a picture before we left.  It is always comical trying to get the three of them to look and smile at the same time...I know Darby and I look like fools trying to accomplish this!


We got to the school not long before the play started and we were trying to get in as quickly as possible but kept getting stopped by people telling us how cute the girls were.  It is tough having cute kids sometimes I tell ya! Haha We noticed that they were selling "official" souvenirs so of course we had to oblige the girls.  Here they are showing off their $5 treasures that are buried at the bottom of their dress-up box now.


The girls were so excited once we got seated and ready for the show.  I had been telling them all day that we were going to see Belle and the Beast and it is pretty much all they talked about.  In fact, they are still talking about it! We were able to get seats right near the stage and orchestra which I think definitely played a part in keeping the girls attention all night. They ended up in my lap for pretty much the entirety of the show because they weren't quite heavy enough to hold the seats down!


Landrie looked at me like "Are you seriously going to take a picture right now before you help me out?!" Ha! That is a privledge of being a Mommy, you get to take all the pictures you want even if they involve some embarassing moments! 
The first half of the play lasted about 1 1/2 hrs. so by the time intermission came, the girls were ready to get some noise out and stretch their legs a bit.  Since we didn't have time to snap a picture before the play started, I took the opportunity during the intermission.  Landrie was mesmerized by the flash and Ella refused to look...it seems to be a phase for her right now.  But, I love it because any chance for a picture with my little twincesses is great in my book!


Their was a group of high school students sitting behind us and the girls really liked them for some reason.  It could be all the "ooohhhsss" and "aaaahhhhsss" they got because of how cute they looked! Anyways, Landrie introduced herself and her sister by saying "I Andrie Reese Bwammett and her my sissy. Hers names is Edda Roobie Bwammett." It is so cute and I love that she is so social.  They talked to them for quite a bit and obviously liked getting showered with compliments! Ha!


Other than the fact that we had great seats and that the girls love "Beauty and the Beast," there was one other thing that I had been talking to them about all day.  I told them that if they were really good and sat quietly, that we could go meet Belle at the end of the show! When the applause were done and we had filed out, they remembered what I had said all day and asked to go see "Princess Belle."  I was skeptical about whether or not they would actually go through with it because they were beyond tired and you just never know what you are going to get when they reach this point.  Once we got up to Belle, Landrie ran right up and gave her a hug but Ella was a little hesitant.  After seeing her sister she decided it was safe and I was able to snap a quick picture.  They don't look too excited, but just trust me when I say they were!



As I said earlier, it was a magical night and one that I will never ever forget.  I hope to be able to take the girls to more plays in the future and that we can share many more special times just like this!

No comments: