Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mardi Gras

Last Sunday, the girls and I headed out for a much anticipated trip to see our favorite Louisiana fam.  It has been almost a year since we have been there and that is just unheard of for us! If you remember, we were keeping up a pace of a visit every 2 mos for a while.  Anyway, we couldn't wait to get in town and visit and partake in the Mardi Gras festivities with the Wilson crew.  As an added bonus, we were going to get to meet Baby Amelia for the very first time!
 We got into town Sunday evening and just hung out and let the kiddos play.  It was nice to visit and relax after spending all day in the car.  I was a little nervous for nite nite time since it was going to be the girls very first time to sleep on a pallet on the floor, but they did WONDERFUL! They are just getting so big and watching them have a sleepover on the floor of Jackson's bedroom was just about enough to make me cry.  Jackson was too cute with his little room mates and I think he definitely enjoyed the company!
Monday morning we woke up to some overcast skies and not the weather we were hoping to have so the kids could play outside with all of Jackson's fun toys.  We ran some errands and got some odds and ends that were needed and then headed home to put the kids down for a nap.  Momma Wilson decided that she needed to nap too after their long weekend of partying and I decided that I needed to go hunting for King Cake for the next day! My babies couldn't experience their very first Mardi Gras with out some delicious cake for breakfast now could they?! 
Once everyone woke up from their naps, we headed over to Lolli and Pop's house (Jackson's grandparents) so that we could see Megan and Baby Amelia.  I was so excited to finally get to see them and hold that precious little girl.  Ella and Landrie were totally mesmerized with how little she was and I have to admit that I was too because I really don't remember the girls when they were that small.  Newborns are just the sweetest thing and Amelia is most definitely one of the sweetest ever!
Tuesday morning we got up to get ready for our fun day of Mardi Gras festivities and were greeted with some lovely thunderstorms and poor Jacksie having a case of pink eye.  That poor guy just can't catch a break these days.  Since he wouldn't know what he was missing and since the weather was yucky, it was decided that Jackson would stay home with his Daddy and get better.  We tried not to let the weather put a damper on our spirits and got ready to head out for the day.  The girls got their King Cake for breakfast and really liked it! They were confused at first because I think they thought I was crazy for giving them cake for breakfast.

After breakfast, it was time for what I was super excited for...getting the girls dressed in their sweet Mardi Gras dresses! I don't know if it was the weather or what, but Ella was in a bad mood and didn't want to go anywhere or do anything.  This is the best picture I could get of the girls together before we left

Landrie could tell that Ella wasn't wanting to take any pictures so she said "Here Mommy, just take a picker of me.  I say cheese right here"

Is she well trained or what?! Haha!
Right as we were going to get out of the car once we got to the parades, it started raining...again.  So what are two Momma's to do but wait it out with some Mimosa's?! Good thing we had the supplies on hand for our impromptu morning happy hour! After about 30 minutes, we were able to make our way into our area and up to the grand stands to prepare for some bead catchin'.  While we waited, Landrie chowed down on some cotton candy, or as she calls it "snow."  It was her first experience with it and I think she loved it!

Ella wanted nothing to do with the sweet treat and instead decided that she wanted to splash in the puddles.  She had a great time and I think everyone around us enjoyed watching her play and splash and soak her pretty little dress!

She started to get a little too wet and dirty and I wanted her to eat something before the parade started.  When I told her it was time to get out of the puddles, she didn't like it too much and threw a major little pout fest! She does this a lot these days and has definitely mastered the art of a good pout face

Jackson has some awesome Uncle's that were at the parade to celebrate and Griffin was a wonderful help with the girls, Landrie especially.  He caught beads for her and made sure to hold her up so that she could see some floats.  He really is so sweet and has always been a great help with the girls.

Griffin was also handy to take some pictures of all of us girls, something that is not always so easily accomplished!
(so i'm fairly certain that Ella was looking at a booger in this pic...she's so delicate)


I think we need a closer look at Miss Amelia since her pretty face was hidden in the above picture :)

Not long after these pictures, it started to rain again, so we all headed for cover under the tents that were set up.  Landrie and I shared some lunch and Ella had a great time playing with all the beads with Megan and Katie.  She really becomes a different child when she is the "only one."


While Ella played and Landrie laid her head down for a rest, I decided to snap some more pictures of precious little Amelia.  I mean, how could I not when she is such a cutie patootie! Oh and did I mention that she never cries?! She is so good!

Look at those lips! Just beggin for a kiss!

Not long after these pictures were taken, we decided the girls were ready to sleep and we had had enough of the rain.  We packed up and headed back to the Wilson's to spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing and visiting.  We all went to bed pretty early that night and it felt great to get all that rest! Even though the weather was not ideal, we still had a great time and are definitely looking forward to celebrating with the Wilson's in the years to come.

2 comments:

Darby said...

glad you guys had fun even though it rained! I LOVE how Ella has like 80 necklaces in the pics :)

Kelly said...

I love their Mardi Gras dresses =)))