The day after our Mardi Gras festivities, it was time for Momma Wilson to go back to work, so the girls and I were going to get to play with Jacksie all day! Since Megan was also still in town we were going to get to spend the day with her and Amelia which was just icing on the cake. We woke up to a gorgeous day and I was so excited that the kids were finally going to get some good outdoor play time. We started the day out with a walk that was cut short by a rainstorm that came out of nowhere. We even had to take cover under a palm tree at one point since Amelia was in a Baby Bjorn and not in a stroller with cover! Once we got the kids loaded back up in the cars, we made a quick visit to one of my fave places and then grabbed some lunch to take home. We got home and fed the kids, put them down for a nap and took our lunch outside to sit in the sun that had just come out. It was perfect timing since the only little one we had to "worry" about was Amelia and we enjoyed the afternoon chatting and sunning. I know Megan was super excited to soak up the vitamin D since they have had a very cold and snowy winter in St. Louis and I was more than happy to get some one on one cuddle time with Amelia whenever she wanted to talk to me. ;)
Before the kids woke up, I decided to run through the shower while Megan was still there to help. When I got out of the shower, Megan told me to come out in the living room and this is what I saw
She was so proud that she was holding the baby and so sweet. She was talking to her in a soft voice and just kept saying "Aw, she so cute. Aw baby Meela"
It wasn't long before Landrie woke up, so of course she had to join in on the fun and hold Amelia for herself!
Landrie was just as sweet and good as Ella while holding the baby and she too was talking in a soft voice which is rare for her! She kept saying "Aw she aaadddooorrrABLE! She sooo tIneeee"
Ella wanted to have another turn at holding Amelia, but it didn't last too long because she started to fuss...something that she like never does.
Ella was very concerned that little Amelia was upset but we soon figured out that it was just from a yucky diaper. Megan asked the girls if they wanted to help change her diaper and they were more than happy to be big helpers. They gladly got the wipes and sat and watched until Megan took her diaper off and they were thoroughly disgusted! Haha! Ella was saying "Ewww dat GROSS! Yucky dirrreeeaaaaa!!" Landrie was a little nicer about it and just said "Yook Mommy, baby Ameeaa pooped! Dat's so gross!"
(Yes I blacked out the cute baby hiney. There are weirdos out there so you will just have to take my word for it that her tiney hiney and rolls are too cute! haha)
Jackson woke up after we changed Amelia and being the boy that he is, he had stunk up his whole room with a lovely diaper all his own. Megan wanted to see what she had to look forward to with Amelia's diapers and was utterly appalled and frightened at what she witnessed with Jackson's diaper change. She ran out of the house screaming with her perfect little baby girl while I got silly Jacksie all cleaned up to go outside. I grabbed my camera to head out the door and looked through all of the pictures that I had just taken of the girls with Amelia. I couldn't help but tear up a bit because it seems like just yesterday that we were visiting a 7 week old Jackson for the very first time (same age as Amelia). Where did the time go?!?!
Kristen and I have been trying to get a good picture of our kids ever since, well, Jackson was born! It's not that any of our previous attempts have been unsuccessful, just that the kids were too small and didn't understand to hold still long enough so that we could take some pictures of them. As soon as we got outside, I lined them up along the back of the house to attempt a group picture yet again. I have found with the girls that if I give them a flat surface to lean up against they are more likely to hold still for a picture (hence all of our pictures in front of our pantry door!)
The first picture makes me laugh because all of them looked at me like "Is she serious?! She really wants up to stand here and all we want to do is run and play?!"
I told to the girls to yell "Hooray" which is what I usually do to get them animated in pictures. They started to warm up and Jackson pretty much thought they were losing their minds!
I asked Landrie to give Jacksie a little pep talk and get his picture taking mood going, but she decided to give him kisses instead
I told them that I just needed them to say "Hooray" one more time and then I would let them free to play and this seemed to do the trick! The girls obliged and Jackson laughed at the Brummett girls' craziness!
Once I said "Okay, go PLAY!!!!" They squealed and started to run off. Look at this picture of Jackson...when did he get to be such a big boy?! Ugh!
Such a sweet boy! I love him!
After our little photo session, we busied ourselves with some swinging
And some climbing to see over the fence
And just all around enjoying the pretty afternoon with some of the ones we love the most!
It was definitely a great end to our day to get to play outside. We may or may not have gotten out Jacksie's bounce house, but that will have to be a different post for a different day. I'm pretty sure this has been the longest post I've ever done and I need to go get some other things done!




1 comment:
Stephanie, I always love your pictures, you are such a great photographer! Our pictures have gotten less... organized? since the kids have become A LOT more mobile! I'm glad you had such a great visit and got to love on Amelia :)
Post a Comment