I intended on posting about our arboretum trip a couple weeks ago, but I really need to get some things that the girls have been saying recorded. I might be a little biased, but they might just be the funniest little things I've ever heard! Ha! These are the things that I can remember right now that have had us laughing:
1. About a month or so ago we were in Walmart and the girls were playing together in the cart. I was busy digging or looking for something or another and wasn't paying too much attention to what they were saying to each other. A lady came over the intercom and said that someone had a phone call on line 1. I heard the girls say something and turned around because I thought they were asking me a question, but oh no they were not. They were both looking up at the ceiling, where they heard the voice coming from, and they were saying "Yeah, we want some chickeeen and fren-fries and a cheebooga and some coke." Apparently they thought they were in a drive thru and that they were ordering lunch!
2. A couple weeks ago Ella was mad that I told her she couldn't do something that I was doing or had done. She of course had to ask the toddler favorite "Why?" and I of course responded with the grown up favorite "Because I'm an adult." She looked at me funny and said, "Siddy Mommy! You is not a goat!" She laughed and forgot about what she was mad about to begin with. Now, anytime I tell her not to do something she says "Mommy can cuz' yous a goat?!"
3. I will be the first to admit that I frequently let out loud "huffs and puffs" during the day. Most of the time it is so I can compose myself instead of losing my cool, but a lot of times it is just out of exhaustion from my normal everyday chores. Landrie has picked up this habit and I hear her doing it all the time when she is playing house with her babies and she sometimes does it when I ask her to "come here." It is laughable now, I just hope it doesn't carry over into the teen years! Ha!
4. Back in February when we had our big snow storm, Ella and I were laying in our bed while Landrie was still napping in her room. I went and got in the shower and Ella came running in all worried and said "Oh no Mama! Sissy is in da snow! Hers is so code!" I thought she was just pretending and didn't think too much of it. Well, when I got dried off and went in our room, Ella was standing by the baby monitor, which is by a window, and talking into the monitor. She was hearing Landrie yelling for me and I guess thought that she was out in the snow since the monitor is by the window. She was so cute and worried and saying "Hode on Sissy! Mama is coming, don't be code!" It was so funny and so sweet!
5. We were going to the grocery store the other day and Galen came along to help out. Landrie was tired and kind of cranky so she was whining about something or another. Ella was in her usual sassy mood and said "Sissy, you need to stop dat whining! You is bean ridicalas!" Galen and I laughed of course and he said "Yeah Landrie you are being ridiculous!" Ella didn't like that and said "You hush up bubba! You is so annoying!"
6. Landrie's new favorite thing to say/game to play with me is to say "Mommy, I yuhve you so muches in my whole word!" To which I reply "Well I love you so muches in my whole, whole world!" This usually goes back and forth a couple times until Landrie gets up to 5 "whole worlds." Well the other day after I responded to her first round of "I yuhve you's" she pulled out the big guns and said "Well I yuhve you so muches as yong, yong, yong as Rapunzel's bootiful hair!" She obviously had me beat because how can you argue with the length of Rapunzel's hair?!
4. Back in February when we had our big snow storm, Ella and I were laying in our bed while Landrie was still napping in her room. I went and got in the shower and Ella came running in all worried and said "Oh no Mama! Sissy is in da snow! Hers is so code!" I thought she was just pretending and didn't think too much of it. Well, when I got dried off and went in our room, Ella was standing by the baby monitor, which is by a window, and talking into the monitor. She was hearing Landrie yelling for me and I guess thought that she was out in the snow since the monitor is by the window. She was so cute and worried and saying "Hode on Sissy! Mama is coming, don't be code!" It was so funny and so sweet!
5. We were going to the grocery store the other day and Galen came along to help out. Landrie was tired and kind of cranky so she was whining about something or another. Ella was in her usual sassy mood and said "Sissy, you need to stop dat whining! You is bean ridicalas!" Galen and I laughed of course and he said "Yeah Landrie you are being ridiculous!" Ella didn't like that and said "You hush up bubba! You is so annoying!"
6. Landrie's new favorite thing to say/game to play with me is to say "Mommy, I yuhve you so muches in my whole word!" To which I reply "Well I love you so muches in my whole, whole world!" This usually goes back and forth a couple times until Landrie gets up to 5 "whole worlds." Well the other day after I responded to her first round of "I yuhve you's" she pulled out the big guns and said "Well I yuhve you so muches as yong, yong, yong as Rapunzel's bootiful hair!" She obviously had me beat because how can you argue with the length of Rapunzel's hair?!

3 comments:
Love all of their funny little comments!! I am sure it is always interesting around your house. It won't be long before I start sharing what my two are saying!
oh my gosh, this just made my day. bless their sweet little hearts:)
How stinking adorable is this!? What great medicane they are, can I borrow them for a week, I need some laughs! :)
Post a Comment