Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sneaky, Sneaky




I finally accomplished something today that I have been tyring to get around to doing for a week now. I pureed some veggies and made some cookies. Random yes, but it is part of a new way of cooking that I am trying out. I'm beyond tired of fighting over meal times and always getting groans of what i'm making because the boys don't like something. Soooo, now I've had to resort to hiding the veggies in their food. I got a cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious", and it has some great recipes and ideas for adding pureed veggies to meals. The boys saw what I was doing and I told them I was making baby food for the girls when they are ready, so it works out great! Tonight I made meatloaf that they devoured, not knowing that it had butternut squash in it. For dessert, it was chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas hidden inside. As a sweets lover, I have to say that these cookies are some of the best ever! I'm so excited that this is working out so far and so excited to try out new recipes. It feels great knowing that our kids are getting the veggies that they need and we don't have to fight them over it!

No comments: