Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Too Fast




It is all too fast. The girls are growing up before my eyes and I can't stop it. There are some days that they still feel like little bitty babies or I don't really notice them being any bigger. Lately though, it seems like they grow over night and it makes me so sad. I have a stack of clothes that fit them 2 weeks ago that are now too short. Landrie has had to move up to 3-6 mos. clothes and up a size in diapers. Little Ella is fitting into 3 mos. clothes and in another week will probably be in 3-6 and a larger size diaper. While putting away all of the adorable clothes that no longer fit them, I came across their preemie clothes. I wanted to cry b/c they were so cute and little and I know it won't be long until the girls are playing house and using these clothes for their own little doll babies. The girls have also started laughing and cooing so much more and it is by far one of the best rewards of being a mom. I could sit for hours and make them laugh and squeal and completely forget that there is a world outside of our family room. It may not be the best thing, to forget about the outside world, but I know that I will never get these moments back. I never thought I would care about having a video camera, but with the realization that these little angels may be our last children, I am desperate to remember every little thing they do. So, as I sit trying to figure out how to slow down the hands of time, I will be on the hunt for a video camera that may be an easier alternative to holding on to memories.

1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

I know your sweet little girls are growing up too fast! With each growing day, just remember that you you are the best mommy any child could dream of!