Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Simple Things

One of the bloggers that I read about did a post on the simple pleasures in her life. I don't think she intended for it to be a hit, and she added a link up after the fact. Anywho, reading through her simple pleasures in life and through the other bloggers who linked up definitely got me thinking about my own. I've spoken before about the fact that I feel so blessed and so lucky to be living the life that I am. When I thought about it, many of the things that I'm so thankful for are simple pleasures...but those tend to be the best blessings sometimes! So, her are just a few of the things that bring pure and simple pleasure to my life

A clean and clutter free kitchen...although ours rarely is
The sound of a lawn mower on a sunny summer morning
The smell of spring
Flowers whether they are given to me or I just see them out, they always make me smile
An unexpected compliment
The sound of babies breathing when they sleep
The way that all of our children puff out their lips really big when they sleep
Lighting a brand new candle and having my house absorb the smell
Opening a new tub of butter and swiping the knife through the perfect smoothness
Sleep...uninterrupted
Our dogs tails that they can not control because they are so excited to be with us
A great cup of coffee
Snuggles
The great smell of babies...especially mine
Visits from out of town friends and family...we have visitors this weekend and next!
Watching my hubs play on the floor with our children
Watching my hubs watch me get ready...hopefully the look he has won't ever go away
Seeing the girls run up to their Gigi and Poppy and their utter excitement
and finally, with out a doubt, the simple pleasure that probably fills my heart up to the very tip and makes me want to cry every time is seeing these four little blessings

and the joy that is on all of their faces when they are together. The best time of the day is when the boys come home from school and the girls yell "BUBBA!" and practically jump the gate to be in their big brothers' arms and the way the boys throw their back packs down to catch them. It is the greatest pleasure!

So, what are your simple pleasures in life? Have you ever really thought about it? I think you might be surprised at just how much brings you pure and simple pleasure and it just might brighten your day a little!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

wow you have so many simple pleasures and the way that you describe them really hits my heart. its amazing how many things we take for granted.