Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Tea For Two

A couple weeks ago while out running errands, I picked up what is most certainly the cheapest toy tea set in the world. Seriously, I picked it up because it was cheap on price, so I got two, and I was expecting that the quality would not be that great because of said price. Well, the physical quality is not great, but the emotional quality it brought me is priceless. How you ask? Well, it is this little plastic tea set that FINALLY made this happen

No, this tea set did not make Ella lose her pants...it was the activity that finally made the girls play together nicely. They even exchanged some baby banter, I'm just guessing they were asking each other to pass the cream or sugar. The other thing that it further highlighted, a fact that we already know but is displayed through activity everyday, is that this girl

she is a HOT MESS! Landrie rarely holds back with anything she does in life and "drinking" tea was no different. She pretended to drink every cup like she was throwing back a shot...cotillion classes are probably in her future. Ella on the other hand, well she could teach the cotillion classes to her sister because this is how she played

Nice, quiet and dainty...which are three words that would describe Ella in general, not just when she is having a tea party.

As the pieces of this tea set break by the minute and the girls bring them over to me to fix, I find myself not getting frustrated, but being thankful for the fact that my girls have finally realized that having a sister is having a built in playmate. Now if only they would realize this when doing everything else besides having a tea party, well, we would be in luck!

2 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

Can't wait to get my lips on that Hot Mess and Dainty Lil Thing next week!!!

Kayla said...

Which one takes after you?