Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Cahlers

What is that word?! That would be what Ella runs around asking for all day long and it means that she would like to "color." A couple weeks ago, I got out the coloring books and crayons and let the girls go to town.  Since then, we have spent many, many hours coloring at and on (more on that later) the kitchen table.  It is so interesting to watch the girls while they are coloring because their two personalities definitely shine through in the art skills! Landrie holds her crayon well and colors all over the page, which is pretty typical for a child her age.  She like to try and color in the eyes and mouths or any little flowers or something that might be on the page.  It is funny to me that she is the one that is all over the place with her scribbles because her personality is ALL over the place!


Landrie usually only lasts about 10 minutes at a time when she colors before she has to move on to something else.  Lately, this something else has been taking care of her babies.  She has moved on from THIS and I'm happy to say seems to be taking much better care of her dollies, I no longer feel the need to report her to DPS a.k.a "Doll Protective Services."

While Landrie tends to her babies and colors here and there, Ella is a busy little bee with her art work.  She is definitely a temper mental artist if I've ever seen one and is very serious about her art work! I was amazed the first time she picked up her crayons because 1. We know she is left handed and can also color with her right and a little, so I guess that would make her ambidextrous!

and 2. She holds her crayon perfectly! I didn't show her how to hold it, she just picked it up and started going to town.  She is definitely "type A" which is fitting since she is older by a whole minute!

Unlike Landrie, Ella never tires of  "cahlering" and will sit for up to 2 hrs doodling away! To say she loves it is an understatement! She is interesting to watch because she most certainly has a method to her coloring.  Instead of the scribbles like Landrie, Ella like to doodle little circles all over the page.  Again, it is funny to me because I never showed her how, this is just what she started doing when she started coloring.  Maybe we have a little Picasso on our hands!



And here are the finished masterpieces.  As I told my Mom, I don't know that the girls' personalities have eer shown through more than in their artwork and I love it!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

what beautiful girls you have!