Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

When Did This Happen?

I have known my hubby for almost 7 yrs now.  The boys were almost 4 and just turned 5 when I met them.  They were so young and so cute and I'm pretty sure that I fell in love with them as soon as I met them, they were just so darn cute! These days, they are 10 and 12 and they are in the throes of "tweenhood." This means that the last thing on earth that they would ever want to do is have their picture taken, which is why they rarely make an appearance on our good ole' blog.  Well, a week ago I set out on a mission to get a couple of good photos of them.  We left the girls with cousin Ky-Ky and I have to say that I'm beyond pleased with the pictures.  The boys cooperated for once and Jay and I were left looking at the pictures and wondering when they grew up so much! They are no longer the cute little boys that I feel like I just met yesterday, now they are handsome young men and I fear I will wake up tomorrow and they will be going to college!


And last, but not least, this next picture is what happened when I told the boys not to smile and give me their best "sexy" face...I have to use photographer lingo if I'm playing the part after all!

4 comments:

Julia said...

You are so kind to comment on my blog....and you are right, there is nothing wrong with my house except I love change! Thanks for reminding me to just be.

I think the fact that I just returned from Seaside, Florida, has a little to do with my dicontent. ha~ It was so beautiful there.

Your children are so beautiful and you are going to cherish this blog in the years to come...as the days fly by and you have captured the "small moments"....I would give anything to have had a blog when my kids were little.

From Cypress, TX to Savannah, TX....hugs, Julia (mizjuney)

Kristy Sola said...

Wow!!! Handsome little men you guys have on your hands there. I love the pictures, they turned out great. I cant believe how much older they seem just from when I started following your blog. Hope you guys are doing great!

Ashley said...

You are such a good photographer those all look so professional!!!

Kimberly said...

beautiful boys too! your a great picture taker!!