Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Got Caught

Hi Everyone! Mommy is pretty tired after chasing me and my sissy around all day, so while she cleans up the kitchen, she said I could tell you about our exciting day! When Mommy came and got me and Ella out of bed this morning, she told us that we were going to see someone very special today...Sassa! For those that don't know who I'm talking about, you probably call him "Santa." Anyways, after breakfast and getting me and sissy dressed, Mommy turned on our favorite show and went to get herself ready. Well, I was just so excited to go see Sassa that I didn't want to watch my favorite show and started thinking about if there was anything that I could bring Sassa, you know, like a present or something. Mommy has been reading me and sissy some Christmas stories and one thing I learned from them is that Sassa LOVES cookies! This is why I like him so much, because he likes to eat yummy things like me! Since I'm only 19 mos old Mommy won't let me use the oven to bake anything yet, so I decided that I should get some of our already made cookies to bring to Sassa. This was easy because I'm just the right height that I can open the doors in our house now...even the pantry door, yay! Sooo, I got the cookies out and Ella said that maybe we should try them to make sure that they were still good enough to bring for Sassa. I think we made a little too much noise while we were taste testing because Mommy came out of her room asking what we were up to and this is what she saw

Yes, you bet I took off running because I didn't want to get blamed for something that was Ella's idea. I mean, obviously it was her idea because she wasn't scared and she stuck around to look for more cookies to taste. Mommy called Daddy down to see what we had gotten into and they both looked at us and asked "Who did this?" When I told them that sissy did it, she acted completely shocked!

I could not believe it! Betrayed by my own sister, I mean, as if I could come up with this on my own! Well, lucky for us I can give a pretty good "I'm sorry, but I'm oh so cute face"

Anndd, lucky for us that our Mommy is the best Mommy in the whole world and just let us go on about our business and finish the cookies that were in the jar. There were only 5 left, so it's not like we ate a whole bag or anything. We were pretty happy that Mommy let us do this, I even double fisted it with my cookies!

I guess Sassa will have to wait until he visits our house next week...those cookies will be better anyways because they will be homemade and decorated really pretty! After Mommy got all the cookies off of our clothes and faces, we headed out to get Gigi and then to Sassa's village. The whole way there I kept asking Mommy "Where's Sassa? Where's Sassa?" I think Mommy was happy when we finally go there so I would stop asking her the same thing! When we walked in to Sassa's house, I got a little scared and nervous because we were actually seeing the real live Sassa! I talked to him a little bit, but wasn't really ready to sit on his lap. Sissy really wasn't ready to see Sassa, she cried if he even said one word to her! Obviously she hasn't been listening too well to the stories that Mommy has been telling because she would know that Sassa is a really nice man. After Gigi and Mommy tried to get me and Sissy to sit on Sassa's lap for a bit, me and sissy finally decided that this was the only way that we would do it

See...I told you Mommy was the best Mommy in the world! Plus, she is a sucker for me and sissy when it comes to making us happy. After saying bye to Sassa and getting our special coloring books, Mommy and Gigi took us out to the play area. We had LOTS of fun out here! Mommy put me up on this sparkly present to take a picture

I wasn't really feelin' it too much, so I told Mommy that she should put Ella up there instead for a picture.

She wasn't really feelin' it either. We heard something about Sassa's reindeer being around, but we went in their barn and couldn't find them.

After we played in here for a bit, we found a pretty patch of landscaped flowers that had a border around it that we thought would be fun to walk on. Well, I thought it would be fun to walk on. Ella kinda had a hard time or something because she fell off of the curb and rolled to the ground. It was really weird because she didn't move one little muscle for like 2 minutes. She just layed there, perfectly still, staring at Mommy and Gigi. They were laughing pretty hard since Ella was looking like she was, I think it made her mad because she didn't have a very nice look on her face.

Gigi finally came to her rescue and picked her up and then we decided it was time to go home...we were tired! Overall we had a great day and now we are really excited for Sassa to come visit us next week. It is time for me to go to bed now though, so Mommy says to say goodnight! I will leave you with one last picture though...even though I'm not taking full responsibility for our shenanigans this morning, this was the day that I "got caught with my hand in the cookie jar!"

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I love your girls coats in these pictures! Precious! Your decorations looks fabulous too!

Kelly said...

Those are cute pics