Dear Grocery Store Gawkers,
I understand that you may have never seen twins before. Let alone, twins as cute as Ella and Landrie. :) Furthermore, I understand that the sight of a mom pushing a double wide stroller while pulling a cart that can't possibly hold anything else is a sight that might make you stop. I undertand the look in your eyes when you see me coming through, that look that says, "I'm so glad that's not me, but you." I assure you, I'm glad it is me as well. What I do not understand is the need to jump in front of me, forcing me to stop so that you can ask everything you could possibly want to know about me and my babies. Obviously, as you eventually always point out, I do have my hands full and I'm just trying to grocery shop like everyone else. Yes, they are both girls and I am aware that one is sooo much bigger and has more hair. Yes, I do have my hands full, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Yes, I did try breastfeeding, but we moved on to formula after about a month, thanks for asking. Yes, I had them "naturally", they are not a freak of nature after all; but I know what you mean by this question, so they were born via c-section. They were born 4 weeks early and yes they were in the NICU. No, I wasn't aware the "the smaller one" looks like a boy even though she is in head to toe pink, and I do not wish to argue the fact that she is indeed a little girl. Basically what I'm trying to say here,Grocery Store Gawkers, is put yourself in my shoes for one second before you jump in front of me. It is not an easy task to stop the moving vehicles that I'm navigating through the crowded aisles and I just want to get the job done as quickly as possible. I write this open letter to warn you that I may not be so nice the next time that you decide to jump in front of me to ask the inevitable. I may just have to start yelling to get the hell out of my way and to stop asking how I birthed my children! If this doesn't work, I may even have to resort to running you over. Sorry, but you've been warned! Have a lovely day...
Sincerely,
A frustrated Mommy
P.S.~ Thanks for letting me vent, b/c obviously none of you are the gawkers. :) I would also like to add that this letter does not refer to the sweet little Grandma and Grandpas that like to talk to the girls. Even though they stop me, they are sweet and love little babies.
Why Decluttering Hasn’t Worked
3 days ago

2 comments:
Thanks for making me laugh!!!
Becky
Oh I needed that laugh this morning! Love you:)
Post a Comment