1. I will start with something that hasn't happened...I haven't finished putting away Christmas stuff. Am I upset about it? Kinda. But this time I can use the girls as my reasoning as to why this has not happened yet, and I don't feel bad about it.
2. I turned 27. I feel old saying that number especially b/c it is not uncommon for me to answer 24 when someone asks my age. Like I said, time flies and apparently my brain hasn't had a chance to catch up.
3. Landrie has two teeth now and Ella has one. Thankfully, they seem to be in a little less pain now that the teeth have cut. Downside, we go through no less than 16 bibs a day and I promise I am not exagerating.
4. Both girls can finally sit up on their own and they do it very well. Ella has been pretty good at this for a while, but they both are a lot happier now that they can sit up and play.
5. We have had to upgrade to big girl car seats from the little infant carriers. This was a very rough day for me and actually made me really down in the dumps for a few days. The first time the girls got to ride in their new first class seats made me feel a little better b/c they both are sooo much happier in the car now.
6. We have a CRAWLER! Landrie has been pushing up on all fours and rocking back and forth for about a month now. We knew it was only a matter of time until she took off and she finally decided to do it a couple days shy of her 8 mos. b-day. She is too cute crawling around b/c she is still just a little unsure about it and always has a determined look on her face. Ella is definitely not too far behind and I imagine she will be mobile within the next month.
**Sidenote: Garret was too sweet when Landrie started to crawl that I almost cried. He was the one that actually got her to take off b/c he was holding out a crinkled up piece of paper for her to come and get. When she finally came to it, he was so excited and tried to give her a little high 5 :). Then he looked up and said, "I don't know how to say what this feels like, but I feel like I did when our puppies started to open their eyes for the first time." So cute.
7. Today, January 16, 2009, the girls turned 8 mos. old. I had to put the date b/c it is 11:15 p.m. and I probably won't finish this post until tomorrow b/c I'm a tired little mama. Anywho, as usual, they get more and more fun with each month. It is God's way of making the fact that they are getting older a little easier to handle. I can hardly believe that we will be having their 1st birthday in 4 very short months...I might have a complete meltdown that day.
SO, I think that is about it. I feel like so much more has happened, but I can't really think of what it could be. I guess it is just because our days are filled busy little girls and our nights are pretty hectic once the boys get home from school. Here are the most recent photos I've taken and next, I will post some videos once I can figure out how!

Princess Ella

Princess Landrie

Big Girl Seats


Landrie must be a comfy pillow



Blueberry face

Landrie yelling at Ella

Landrie has discovered the door stops and LOVES them!



Her smile lights up a room

Landrie doesn't want anyone to see how old she is


1 comment:
That's it I am planning a weekend trip, the girls are getting way too big for Aunt Kristen to handle. I must come to town and sprinkle magic powder on them so they stop growing up so fast!!!
Post a Comment