Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Things of Note

Well, the first thing I need to note are the obvious changes that have happened here on our good ol' blog. I was in panic mode last night and the first part of today because I thought I lost all of our blog! Blogger made some changes to the design layout and I went and deleted a bunch of html and yadda...yadda...yadda...I was going nuts! After figuring out that I hadn't lost everything and after many questions and clicks on things that I don't even remember, our blog it back with all of its posts and pictures! It doesn't look as "cute" as it once did, but I think the new format makes it easier to read. I like that it is wider and that things are centered. What do you think? Is it nicer for you and easier to read?
Now on to some more important things that I want to document/remember. The girls seem to be doing so many new things and growing up so quickly and I can't seem to keep up. I just about had a breakdown today when we got Galen's report card and it said he was promoted to 7th grade. Really, we have a 7th grader?!?! When did that happen? He was just in kindergarten like 2 yrs ago, wasn't he?! This just adds more panic attacks
thoughts about the fact that the girls will be in kindergarten like next yr and their birth is just going to be a distant memory. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Duggars must be on to something with all of their 19 kids because they are never going to have to be with out little babies and adorable toddlers running around their house! So, I've rambled enough. Here are some things that the girls are doing/saying that I want to note!

* They are beyond obsessed, like totally obsessed with the Disney Princesses...especially Snow White aka "oh wat" as they call her. We watch this movie no less than 102 times a day and we sing and dance around to "Whistle While You Work" and the "Silly Song." Our wake up call in the morning has gone from toddler babble to Landrie screaming "HIIIII-HOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of her lungs. She really screams this at any time through out the day, sometimes even to notify me that she needs her diaper changed or that she is hungry. I have been left to decipher exactly what "Hi-Ho" means to her...thank you seven drawfs!

* Both girls are really getting into pretend play and it is one of the things that makes having twins so much fun! Even though Ella is usually telling Landrie off in some form or another or Landrie is more likely than not stealing toys from her sister and running off, they do still play with each other. Both of them really love the doll house that they got for their birthday and they will sit and play quietly with it for an hour! It was a gift to me too, haha! Landrie really seems to love to play baby dolls and often has to have two...hmmm, wonder where in the world she learned that?! Ella on the other hand, being the little Diva that she is, can usually be found running around in jewels and high heels and can't seem to be bothered with caring for babies. She is a hoot!

* I mentioned that Ella is often telling her sister off and she is becoming quite good at it. Although we usually can't decipher what she is saying, if looks and gestures could kill, then boy she would be an assassin! She is a spitfire and she definitely gets her point across because she usually makes Landrie cry. If Landrie is in a mood and feeling brave, her usually response to Ella is a good ol' "HIII-HOOOO!!!!!" Which just seems to piss Ella off even more. In addition to taking on the older sister role and being bossy, Ella is still very independent. She loves to be by herself and I'm pretty sure still wishes that she were an only child. She often goes in their room and plays alone and as soon as Landrie tries to join the fun, Ella comes running out screaming and covering her mouth in the most dramatic of ways. She has always marched to the beat of her own drum and even though she may seem shy and quiet, you better watch out, she is plotting! We love her to pieces though, obviously, and celebrate her for her adorable self.

* Landrie, well, is Landrie. She is a complete nut and it is no wonder she sleeps so well because she NEVER stops. Like I mentioned, she loves her baby dolls and sometimes puts them "to bed" in some weird spots. Her new thing is jumping on the couch and when I scold her she says "It funny Mommy!" No, Landrie, it is not funny and the adorable face you make when you say it isn't going to help you either! (Even though I can't resist it) She still loves her books and often takes a break through out the day to sit quietly so we can read. We love her goof ball self and enjoy all of the loves that she likes to give out.

* Both girls seem to be going through another "Completely Attached to Mommy" phase and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love that they love me so much and want to sit on my lap and give me constant sugars. I know that someday I will look back and want these moments back so badly, so I definitely cherish them. I hate it because I literally can not walk out of the room and leave them with out one or both of them having a meltdown. Somedays I seriously think that they want to get back in my belly because they can't seem to get close enough to me and it always seems to be the days that I really need to get some stuff done around here.

* On top of being attached to me, the girls have started to notice when one of them is not around and don't stop asking "Where sissy go?" until she returns. This is something that many parents of multiples deal with and we'll see what happens when it comes time for preschool in a couple years...hopefully they will kinda outgrow the dependency. ( I know this is probably wishful thinking on my part though!)

* The girls are growing more in love with their awesome big brothers everyday and it continues to be one of the most rewarding things to experience as a parent.

* Speaking of the boys...school is finally out for summer!!! We have already spent lots of time at the pool and gotten some sleepovers in here and there. The boys went to their Mom's today to spend some time and then we will pick them up next week for our family vacation! Yay!

So, these are some of the things that I wanted to record before I forgot. I'm sure there will be more along the way. And because I hate to post with out a picture...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Wow it amazes me how different they are. Yay for Ella sittin on the potty!