Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I'm just a little behind in posting about our Thanksgiving, but better late than never, right?! Thanksgiving was a little more laid back and quiet this year because the boys were with their mom for the holiday. When I woke up that morning, I whipped up a few Pumpkin Gooey Butter cakes for some neighbors, I'm such a suzie homemaker aren't I? Ha! We headed over to my parents for dinner and thoroughly stuffed ourselves as usual. I was really excited for the girls to get their first tastes of Thanksgiving dinner...Landrie shared my excitement, Ella did not. Ella becomes a recluse when there are a bunch of people around, especially people she doesn't see often, and I believe that she went on a self induced fast because she refused to eat anything! She sure picked the worst day to do that! She just was not a happy camper, unless she was up in the bedroom with just Mommy or Daddy, so this is how she spent most of her day

Sprawled on a chair, half throwing a fit and with a disgruntled look on her face. Landrie on the other hand devoured anything and everything that came into sight. I would say that her favorites were the green beans and the cranberry salad. This is after we were all done and she decided to climb up to the table and help herself to everyone's leftovers

I think she like what she was tasting! After dinner we sat around looking through the black friday ads and unbuttoning our pants to make room for our expanding tummies. Ella continued to be a little punk, so I stopped trying to take a photo of her and Landrie continued to mooch food and drink from people. She calls everything anyone drinks "water," and when Poppy was drinking some cranberry sprite, she naturally looked up at him and said "whater?!" I spelled it like that because that is how she says it, like Mommy does and other people from the north, with an emphasis on "at." She also raises her voice at the "er" part and it gets a high pitch to it, really cute! Anyway, I digress, Poppy was drinking cranberry sprite and Landrie looked at him with a loving face he can't resist

Of course he picked her up, asking her if she wanted some RED water...something new, so of course she did!

Because of that drink of cranberry sprite, Landrie now asks for red water every time she wants a drink.
Friday we rolled out of bed, literally, and headed out to cute little downtown McKinney. It was a beautiful day and we had a nice time just browsing the shops and walking off some of our turkey dinner! There was a lot to see, like a sweet carousel and cute little winter train with Frosty riding on the back. Daddy actually managed to get a picture of me with the girls while we were watching the train...Landrie was still in a food coma from the night before and Ella was in another mood and was screaming to get out, but at least we got a pic together!

After shopping around for a bit, Gigi and I hopped on the carousel for a ride with the girls

When we were done with our ride, there was no way the girls would get back in the stroller, so we let them run around for a bit. After Landrie ran up to some people at an outdoor dining table and tried to steal some food, she decided to go make a donation

She ran back and forth to these nice young people for about 10 minutes and they even let her ring the bell, this made them her BFF's for sure! Ella worked up a thirst with all of her running around and asked Daddy for a drink of the most delicious lemonade of life, he happily obliged

After some refreshments, we were ready to head back to Gigi and Poppy's for some leftovers, but not before we ran into a girl carrying somethings that made the girls squeal and point with delight

BALLOONS! Yay! approximately 3 milliseconds after this picture was taken, Ella decided that she wanted to let go of her balloon that she would not allow us to tie to her wrist. This of course led to a lovely meltdown, so this was our cue to go!
Saturday and Sunday we stayed home and in our PJ's most of the day, doing laundry, cleaning and preparing to "Christmasize" the house. I hope all of you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday and that we can all keep our sanity during this crazy Christmas season!

2 comments:

Momma Wilson said...

looks like it was a great weekend! miss you guys so much!!!

Tim and Heather said...

fun filled weekend, gorgeous girls... you have your hands full!!